Memorial Day - Let's Not Forget

Yo-

Today is an important holiday that pays respect and honors the fallen Veterans of all the conflicts - that the American Soldier, Sailor, Airman or Marine has given their most precious possession - their lives.

We bow our heads and honor those great people, their families and loved ones.

May your God bless you all for your service and sacrifices on this Memorial Day.

[QUOTE=bigmike7;2280583]Yo-

[B]Today[/B] is an important holiday that pays respect and honors the fallen Veterans of all the conflicts - that the American Soldier, Sailor, Airman or Marine has given their most precious possession - their lives.

May your God bless you all for your service and sacrifices on this Memorial Day.[/QUOTE]

yeah Myke there are people that don’t know what Memorial Day is all about. I did not make it to my mother,father, and brothers grave this year to put flowers on it. The VFW usually puts a flag on all the veterans graves but still not the same when it’s not from me. The VFW donated my fathers veterans grave marker. They are a good group of people in that VFW Post.

Some people just look at Memorial Day as a paid day off work.

By the way Memorial Day is celebrated on a Monday. This is Sunday (at the time of your posting).

Amen, Mike. The sacrifices made by our men and women in the military is beyond comprehension for me. Especially, for the families and friends of those who gave all in defense of the freedoms we all too often take for granted.

Never :slight_smile:

:cool::cool:

Yo-

Fault an old Vet (Viet Nam Era) with oldtymers to be a day early - my bad-

However - my message still stands - TALL -eh!!

My thoughts are with these brave people & the families that are left behind.

I was thinking about my grandparents on my father side late last night (not sure why) and they used to call Memorial Day, Decoration Day. They would put flowers on all our relatives graves. Most of all my relatives were WWI & WWII vets though. The flowers always came from their own yard.

[QUOTE=Bob;2281178]I was thinking about my grandparents on my father side late last night (not sure why) and they used to call Memorial Day, Decoration Day. They would put flowers on all our relatives graves. Most of all my relatives were WWI & WWII vets though. The flowers always came from their own yard.[/QUOTE]

I Remember MY Gran Lived a long life Always going to the Cematry with Her Every sunday .

My grandfather ( MY mothers side) fought in the First wall War and Second ( some Fam MEM ripped all his 1`s year meddals Saying ok Pop we will get you a goog Price ))
Secand
ww WAS [B]home gaurd[/B]…Being a Sea Port …was lots of windows to check “excuse you maaaam you have chink of light showing”

http://club.cdfreaks.com/2281144-post6327.html

:bow: [B]di[/B] Feels fore ANY PERSON that hase lost ANY one in any WAR
any were :sad:

Yeah, that’s exactly why North Korea chose this day which is further complicated in the wake of the former president’s controversial suicide a few days ago.

[QUOTE=bigmike7;2280583]Yo-

Today is an important holiday that pays respect and honors the fallen Veterans of all the conflicts - that the American Soldier, Sailor, Airman or Marine has given their most precious possession - their lives.

May your God bless you all for your service and sacrifices on this Memorial Day.[/QUOTE]

:flower::flower::flower::bow::bow::bow:

[QUOTE=Kenshin;2281511]Yeah, that’s exactly why North Korea chose this day which is further complicated in the wake of the former president’s controversial suicide a few days ago.[/QUOTE]Kind of like the movie Angels and Demons? I highly doubt that Ken. That sounds to Christian coming from you.

Hats off to my fellow veterans…

[I]Memorial Day[/I] has become the official kick-off to summer and for good reason. It’s the first sunny warm three-[I]day[/I] weekend for barbecues, softball, picnics.