Memorex to LiteOn firmware upgrade

vbimport

Hi, I own a Memorex 32MAXX 1240AJ. As I know it is a Lite On 32x. The firmware is XWS1.

The problem is that I bought new CDR from Verbatim 24x, but they are recognized as 16x. Maybe because they are new and the firmware sets the speed at 16x maximum.

I looked in Memorex site but there is no soft upgrades. I would like to know if it's any problem in using a LiteOn firmware, so the CD-RW would be recognized as a LiteOn.

I suppose the model is the LTR-32123S. The last firmware I see is the R32XS0X.zip zip file. Am I right supposing that?

Is there any problem using the LiteOn firmware directly with my Memorex?

Yes there is one problem: It won’t work.

But you may download the binary firmware from my firmware place and read my MTKFLASH guide to convert it into a Lite-On. (Take a look at the sticky threads).

Note that converting it into a Lite-On woids the warranty.

Also make sure to make a backup with MTKFLASH before flashing with (and then send a copy of that extracted firmware to me at oc-freak@cdfreaks.com so I could add it to my firmware collection).

There should be no problem. Use mtkflash with the relevant bin file.

Late as usual :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by OC-Freak
[B]Yes there is one problem: It won’t work.

But you may download the binary firmware from my firmware place and read my MTKFLASH guide to convert it into a Lite-On. (Take a look at the sticky threads).

Note that converting it into a Lite-On woids the warranty.

Also make sure to make a backup with MTKFLASH before flashing with (and then send a copy of that extracted firmware to me at oc-freak@cdfreaks.com so I could add it to my firmware collection). [/B]

You mean that the zip file won’t work and I need the bin file, is that? Which firmware do you recommend me?

I’ve been reading the MTKFLASH guide. I have my Memorex connected to IDE2 Slave. You say that it has to be in IDE1, but when using MTKFLASH there are 4 numbers, one for each connection posibility. Can you explain that?

And finally, do you think the problem with my CDRs speed is because of the firmware?

Thanks again :bigsmile:

xs0x is the latest one and it also seems to be the best for me.

I did not say IDE1 I said MAIN IDE controller.

Some mainboards have built in an extra IDE controller, your drive must not be connected to this one!!

So Primary IDE and Secondary IDE controller should work.

Read my guide closely :wink: