Memorex optical drive needed

vbimport

They have discontinued the support for downloading drivers for this Optical Drive I purchased four years ago from Memorex. :sad:

Does anyone know where I can find the most recent driver for this drive?

Memorex DVD16+/-DL4RWlD2

4 years old, thats kinda old, you can buy a new burner for around $29 on Newegg or Meritline

[QUOTE=niceget;2102621]They have discontinued the support for downloading drivers for this Optical Drive I purchased four years ago from Memorex. :sad:

Memorex DVD16+/-DL4RWlD2[/QUOTE]

Hi niceget and welcome to cdfreaks,

You will receive more appropriate replies if you post this in the CD and DVD burners forum here on cdf since this really has nothing to do with Fab.

I believe this is a re-badged LiteOn 1763 burner. I didn’t have much of a chance to look around…I 'm stuck at work so my time is limited.

Anyway, you need to verify the model and make…there are a # of utilities to use…try nero cd-dvd speed. It’s free and an extremely useful utility. There’s a link in my sig.

It should be a simple process to crossflash this to a litey 1763 if the above is accurate.

Hope this helps and if you have problems or questions, we’ll be happy to help…:wink:

[quote=niceget;2102621]They have discontinued the support for downloading drivers for this Optical Drive I purchased four years ago from Memorex. :sad:

Memorex DVD16+/-DL4RWlD2[/quote]
Even with a firmware upgrade, I would not necessarily want to keep that drive. Memorex does not manufacture optical drives, they buy them and put their name on them, so if we could figure out what rebadge that is, maybe we could find a firmware. [B]EDIT[/B] Maineman beat me to the punch as always, LOL. Thanks Tom.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2102657] [B]EDIT[/B] Maineman beat me to the punch as always, LOL. Thanks Tom.[/QUOTE]
Dunno about that Alan…:rolleyes:, but thanks
You couldn’t possibly type any worse than I do…:bigsmile:

and here it is
http://codeguys.rpc1.org/firmwares.html#SOHW-1673S