Memorex info needed

hi, can someone please give me the dye info on memorex -R (orange packaging made in taiwan) i have been using them since jan 2007 and never had a problem recording on them using my panasonic DMR-ES10 home DVD recorder but some of the packs have different codes on the disks
so if anyone knows what codes are for the different dye types
could you please post it

thanks

p.s i dont have a DVD burner on my PC so i cant scan them myself

Welcome to CDF’s:

Our Memorex media expert will show up in a day or two…problem is they could be anythang. Can you please reply with the hub code on those discs. Look at the inner ring and also hold the disc up to the light and look for some letters/numbers also.

The MIT Memorex-branded DVD-Rs (16x rating) should be either CMC MAG.AM3 or RITEKF16. In my experience, those disks worked fine at moderate burn speeds, but their scan results did not always look “pretty.”

However, there are also some Memorex-branded DVD-Rs which are MII (those should be using MBI codes).

[quote=RJL65;2089186]…or RITEKF16…[/quote]RITEKF1. RITEK F16 is the +R. :wink:

Don’t forget ProdiscF02.

i have had a look at the coding and heres what i found

printed on the top of the center: black coding

L1-06F60604221393A06

and underneath was:

DR5F60-01204

and the other type i have dont have coding printed on the top but underneath they have

CMDR47G-CTMWMOJ-D01 1123

they are all 16x DVD-R (orange packaging made in taiwan)

thanks to anyone that can tell me what dyes they use

they have all been recorded in real time (1x) on my panasonic DMR-ES10 home DVD recorder

Hi, your first medium (DR5F…) is made by Ritek and has a Ritek F1 media code. second one is made by CMC Magnetics and has a CMC MAG.AM3 media code. Ritek medium is made with Fujifilm Oxolife dye, CMC medium is made with TDK dye.:flower:

are they good dyes? i have used around 300 and not had any failed disk and with them all being recorded in real time (1x) on my panasonic DMR-ES10 home DVD recorder
would they give a good scan on a PC DVD drive?

will they still work in say 15 years time if they are kept out of sun light and in cool room temputures?

thanks

[QUOTE=blade2007;2089564]are they good dyes? i have used around 300 and not had any failed disk and with them all being recorded in real time (1x) on my panasonic DMR-ES10 home DVD recorder
would they give a good scan on a PC DVD drive?[/QUOTE]
Do you have an access to any Lite On DVD writer (or Plextor, Benq, newer Samsungs)?

will they still work in say 15 years time if they are kept out of sun light and in cool room temputures?
thanks

Nobody knows :bigsmile:. It also depends on the quality of initial burns.
But I think that at least your CMCs (CMC’s DVDs are very stable) would survive for at least 7-8 years.

[B]BTW media code ≠dye![/B]
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f33/dye-myth-all-about-mediacode-advinfo-mid-228640/

RitekF1 is supposed to be stable [thanks to being based on the Oxolife technology]. However, the discs don’t always scan so pretty unless written by certain drives. I’d give them a hopeful 7 to 8 years when treated right.

I can’t say whether standalone DVD recorders do such a good job with either of these discs, though.

pepst could you tell me how you knew what dye the disks are from that code?

i could try scanning then on a friends DVD drive but they have not got the software

is there any free software that will work with vista basic?

thanks.

The hub and stamper codes [for what [B]pepst[/B] asked you] tell a lot about a disc. Usually/always, each disc model has a distinctive hub and/or stamper code.

“CMDR47G-CTMWMOJ-D01 1123” is the format of a stamper code that you’ll find on CMC media, and since you said it was 16x DVD-R, there is only 1 model: CMC MAG. AM3

“DR5F60-01204” is the format of stamper codes found on Ritek’s media, including the RITEKF1 disc model. Pairing that information with your discs being 16x DVD-R leads only that model [RITEKF1].