Memorex DVD16 /- DL4RWlD2

[qanda]This thread is about the Memorex 16x16 DVD16 /-DL4RWlD2 Internal. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hey guys, I currently have the Memorex DVD16 /- DL4RWiD2 Rev. JWS6 which recently updated to see if it would solved the problem of not detecting music cd’s nor data cd’s, the hardware was working fine and from one night to the other it stopped detecting cd’s, however, it does detects DVD’s. Everytime I put in a DVD and has no problem playing it, but, a music CD doesn’t even recognized.
I’ve been looking for the driver hoping that would take care of the problem but I haven’t been able to find it, if anyone has any input in solving this problem it would be greatly appreciated.
Thank U.

I just tried to burned a cd and now the burner part of it doesn’t work either, I rebooted the computer with Windows Xp Cd and it doesn’t even recognize the cd… it only detects DVD.
Can anyone help me out…

If you can not boot from cd and have set up the bios to boot from cd the drive has a bad cd laser. Still you should check the drive in a second PC to be sure.

Hey Ala, the driver detects DVD and plays them with no problem at all, unless there is two lasers within the DVD/CD Rom that could be the problem… but, any DVD I insert works.
This was working fine detecting any type of cd’s and dvd’s and stopped working for some reason.
I hope I don’t have to replace the unit since I have been very happy with it.

There are two lasers, one for CD, one for DVD. Trying to boot from CD rules out a bad software confguration.