Usage : General
Recording Layer : -
Recording Speed : 4 X
Capacity : 4.38 GB
4700375040 Bytes
Additional Capacity : -
Overburn Capacity : -

Lite-On DVDRW SOHW-1633s

This is the info that i got from nero speed, the 1st time buring these DVDs it was ok. When i earased it and try to reburn it with nero, roxio or simpily drag-and-drop to cd, it wont work. At the begining of the session it seems to be working but then comes to the end it just f***** up :a . Sometimes i even get messages saying that that dvd is not empty. Can anyone tell me what i am doing wrong or is it the DVD+RW.

I’d remove Drag-N-drop from your system.

Ricoh W11 is 4x media in that drive, and should work very well. That said, all RW media is subject to “issues” and can sometimes go bad. Suggest you do a couple cycles of quick erase - full erase with CDSpeed or Nero and try it again.
Having Roxio and Nero products on one system isn’t a great idea, but it does work for some folks. Having anything but InCD for packet writing is a bad idea, and even InCD is questionable.

If you really want to do drag-n-drop type stuff, I’d get an LG burner and some RAM discs.

I noticed that liteons tend to be quite problematic rewrting discs, patches of errors everywhere on mine. I wouldn’t be surprised if someone had problems.

Hey guys,

This is not really Lite-ones fault cuz i try this one multi drives like nec 3500a and btc so i dont think its the drives problem but the dvds problem.

I have tried using nero to earse the dvd+rw but still no luck :a

best regard,

babychar2002

I think it is PARTLY liteon’s fault. Comparing BenQ with Liteon RW’ing a W11, i get about 50PI from BenQ and about 340PI from Liteon on the same disc, one after the other. I think liteon’s strategy for 3s G1 drives to be a bit … poor. I don’t use RW anymore due to the reliability problems plaguing them