Memorex DVD+R problems on CAR-player, but not on normal DVD players!

vbimport

Brand: Memorex
Type: DVD+R
Capasity: 4,7 GB, 120 min.
Speed: 16x

Story

We just got our new car, a Ford Mondeo 08. It has a integrated DVD-player with 2 LCD screens, and I wanted to play my soccer compilations on those screens.

I downloaded ConvertXtoDVD, a program which converts normal movieclips such as .avi, .mpeg, .wmv codecs to a DVD format.

Then i burned it on a DVD+R Memorex and tested it on both my cheap DVD player on my room, and the more expensive one in the livingroom and both worked perfectly…

Then I went to the car, and optimistic as I was I sat the DVD in the player and was ready to enjoy some soccer… but no… the only thing that shows up is the “FORD” logo and “reading error”.

Question

So, what should I do? Pretty strange that it worked on our much older and cheaper systems, and not on a brand new car system for 4.000$! :confused:

Thanks for the help
Sincerly
Petter DK from Norway

Welcome to CD Freaks, Petterdk :slight_smile:

Unfortunately Memorex as a brand are not reliable enough to always guarantee success. I suggest you try Verbatim… :wink:

is it a possibilty that the DVD-player wont take any burned discs at all? :stuck_out_tongue:

With ImgBurn [you just installed it], please insert one of the Memorex discs into the DVD writer [preferably the disc you’ve already written], select “Mode > Write”, and [after all the info has loaded] take a screenshot and post it. :slight_smile:

EDIT: You posted at the same time as me. It’s possible but isn’t always the case.

EDIT 2: I’ve attached a screenshot of what ImgBurn should look like [the information shown will be different, though].

If you have ImgBurn installed, launch ImgBurn & just click write image file to disc, (you are not going to, I just want the info), place the disc in your drive & info should come up in the right hand window. when you get that far, post back.

Edit, I am too slow, but you will either have to take 2 screenshots, or copy & paste all the info in the right hand window of ImgBurn into a reply post here. The reason why is you have to scroll down to info last recorded to find out the disc’s booktype.

edit picture

pic 3

ye i have some info -> of the window… i have to scroll down to see all of it… what now?

You see in my screen shot, the right side of the window [that has the “TSSTcorp…”]? You notice that there is a scroll bar. Not all the information is shown at once. Take a screenshot of that part of the information, scroll, take a screenshot of that part of the information, and repeat until you have taken screenshots of all the information. :flower:

Need to know what burner your gonna use for now to burn with if your gonna use those same blanks.

What speed are you using?

[Translation: at what speed are you writing the discs?]

no f’in* idea… i used ConvertXtoDVD and it just converted and burned it on a cd… i didnt choose anytning… i can check the standards for the program

edit: im pretty sure i used 4x since thats standard

Did you notice in the top right hand window of the screenshot, it gave your drive information. we need that info from the drive you burned the disc with, kind of what Bob asked.

4x is usually too slow for that media.

Is that the drive you used to write the DVD that you used to get the information in the screenshots?

nope those screens are from another computer than the one i burned with… i’ll try to get a screen from the other comp if you need it

[QUOTE=Petterdk;2086784]no f’in* idea… i used ConvertXtoDVD and it just converted and burned it on a cd… i didnt choose anytning… i can check the standards for the program

edit: im pretty sure i used 4x since thats standard[/QUOTE]

No offense here but M01 memorex are just about the worst media there is so like the other guy said if it’s not the case that your car can’t take burned disks at all then you need to get some better disks like verbatim or Taiyo Yuden000T02 if this is in foreign language to you I suggest getting DVD identifier (Free download on internet) and try inserting a disk and hit “Identify” this will help you understand Your disks are CMC MAG M01

please :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Petterdk;2086784]no f’in* idea… i used ConvertXtoDVD and it just converted and burned it on a cd… i didnt choose anytning… i can check the standards for the program

edit: im pretty sure i used 4x since thats standard[/QUOTE]You might want to kewl the cursing.

We need to know what drive your going to use to burn with then we can tell you how to make it bitset +R’s to DVD-ROM. After that then we will tell you how to with your other drives.

[QUOTE=jcusimano2;2086791]No offense here but M01 memorex are just about the worst media there is so like the other guy said if it’s not the case that your car can’t take burned disks at all then you need to get some better disks like verbatim or Taiyo Yuden000T02 if this is in foreign language to you I suggest getting DVD identifier (Free download on internet) and try inserting a disk and hit “Identify” this will help you understand Your disks are CMC MAG M01[/QUOTE]Petters disc plays in other players so i think (and yeah i could be wrong) it could be a bitsetting issue for now.

damn much work :stuck_out_tongue: this better work !!! xD

I’m thinking it’s an issue with bitsetting…

You need to try burning a -r dvd and see if it works… And if your pc’s dvd burner allows for bitsetting, you need to bitset your +r media to -rom…

Here’s a way you can test. This is for where you can burn. Put the disc you have burned in a PC & drive that you can burn with. If you have autoplay, when the window pops up, highlight, open folder to view with Windows Explorer, there should be an AUDIO_TS & VIDEO_TS folder, drag & drop them to where you want on your hard drive, If you don’t have Autoplay, then do the same, but go through Start / My Computer / double lrft click or right click & open on the drive icon. You would then use ImgBurn in Build Mode, (this time booktyping the Dvd+R that you are burning to Dvd-Rom), I will let Albert or Bob lead you through the booktyping aspect.