Memorex DVD+R DL 8x Compatible Drives

vbimport

Memorex DVD+R Dual Layer 8x discs and what you need to burn them.

I spent over 15 minutes on the phone with Memorex (Imation) and apparently they never test their media with DVD burners. They could not tell me what drives work, and what ones don’t regarding burning of their DVD+R DL 8x media. So… I have decided to start a new thread indicating what I know to work, and what will not work (All entries must assume the latest firmware is installed for your drive). Please, we all know that Verbatim’s are the best. Lets keep this discussion to the Memorex discs exclusively.:cop:

Media Details
Part #: SKU 32025732 UPC: 06732 Max 8x recording speed
White Package 50PK. RICOHJPN-D01-67 Manf. Process
4x 6x 8x compatible burning speeds.

DVD Drive: [B]Lite-On iHAS 322-08[/B] (SATA)
PRODUCT URL: http://www.liteonit.com/global/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=269&Itemid=67
WORKS with Imgburn using OPC (power calibration setting prior to burning). Burn at 4x only.

The Blank Media forum is a probably a better place for this type of discussion. Maybe a mod will move you there. Although I never plan on using anything but Verbatim DL media you might want to post some scans of your burns so others might better understand what you mean by “works”.

My Pioneer 215L burner (FW 1.22) writes Memorex +RDL (Ritek S04) pretty darn well at 4x.

As Whappo suggested this discussion would be more appropriate in the ‘CD and DVD Writers’ main forum.

[QUOTE=eric93se;2466034]My Pioneer 215L burner (FW 1.22) writes Memorex +RDL (Ritek S04) pretty darn well at 4x.

Are those the older “Purple package” DVD’s? I ask because I believe the older DVD+R DL’s from Memorex were the RITEK-S04 versions. Now they only sell the RICOHJPN-D01-67 versions which unfortunately are really picky to most writers. I found it quite disturbing that the vendor didn’t even test these with the Memorex DVD writers which are sold under the same name as the media.

[QUOTE=Whappo;2465962]The Blank Media forum is a probably a better place for this type of discussion. Maybe a mod will move you there. Although I never plan on using anything but Verbatim DL media you might want to post some scans of your burns so others might better understand what you mean by “works”.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Whappo. Hopefully this thread can be moved by a moderator. These DVD’s are so hard to work with that by “works” I mean the DAO process starts up, The burn makes it all the way to the end, and a verify process passes without sector errors. Most burners can’t even get far enough to write the leadin track, or in some cases they just bomb out along the way. There are already plenty of posts on just how bad the RICOHJPN-D01-67 dyes are. I just wanted to start this thread to help people find compatible burn/read drives for them.

These DVD Drives are confirmed to [B]NOT[/B] work with these discs…

Lite-On LH-20A1S (SATA) - Sector Errors after burn completes. (Nero 7)
Lite-On LH-20A1P (EIDE) - Will not start Disc-At-Once.(Nero 7)

Lots of drives can burn RICOHJPN D01 just fine, with a strategy swap to MKM 003.