Memorex DVD+R DL 25pk 19.99 Circuit City

vbimport

No rebates

starts SUNDAY

:bigsmile:

Probably Ritek D01…:Z
No offense…:wink:

Don’t make the same mistake i made. Out of the 25 dvd’s, less than half of them came out clean. the rest just froze or wasn’t even recognized by my sony dvd player. THe best DVD’s are Verbatim’s. I tried most of them, and the most reliable one’s are Verbatims’. thats just my opinion. Hope they work out great for you.

Vebatim media is best quality and worth a few bucks extra for hassle free burning…

newegg.com usually has good deals on 25- 50-100 cakebox.

[QUOTE=sneakers;2050457]No rebates

starts SUNDAY

:bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

You will most likely waste a lot of media using Memorex DL’s. :Z Most folks do.

The best is Verbatim. Good luck, tho’.

Memorex DVD+R DL works just fine with my Lite-on but not so well with the Asus drive.

This Verbatim fanaticism is scary. :bigsmile:

I might pick up a pack just to see.

[QUOTE=soundping;2050490]Memorex DVD+R DL works just fine with my Lite-on but not so well with the Asus drive.

This Verbatim fanaticism is scary. :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

A couple years down the road which discs are more likely to begin failing and which are more likely to play just fine?

It’s not always about right now and if a specific burner has no issues with junk media. :slight_smile:

Yeah — verbatim is best — TDK is not bad either for DVD+R DL

This thread will be moved to the Bargain Basement. :iagree:

let us say i am not worried about the media being good in like, say, 84 years from now. all the media i have used has lasted me a couple years. the verbatim thing is great. but i will buy these and check them out. if they burn fine. more power to me. guess i am one of the few that is not worried about 50 years from now if the media will hold out. thanks for all the info tho. hmm.

No complaints from me

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f87/pioneer-dvr-215-post-your-scans-questions-here-233063/index19.html#post2050639

Hey you guys, I am in my 60’s, I really dont care if it lasts 100 years, I just want to watch it once or twice, in less than a decade I seriously doubt DVDs will be needed anymore anyway, the way technology is progressing DVDs will be a thing of the past for the next generation. So I am not interested if they last anymore than 10 years. Imagine if we stocked up on VHS Tapes like we do with media.:bigsmile::bigsmile:

I did 2 burns and they both were sucessful but they do burn a little slower though.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2050739]Hey you guys, I am in my 60’s, I really dont care if it lasts 100 years, I just want to watch it once or twice, in less than a decade I seriously doubt DVDs will be needed anymore anyway, the way technology is progressing DVDs will be a thing of the past for the next generation. So I am not interested if they last anymore than 10 years. Imagine if we stocked up on VHS Tapes like we do with media.:bigsmile::bigsmile:[/QUOTE]yeah same here Alan. I really doubt i go with a Blu-gay drive. I have to many DVD’s still to burn.

[QUOTE=sneakers;2050890]I did 2 burns and they both were sucessful but they do burn a little slower though.[/QUOTE]What is the MID on them?

the MID off the ones i purchased is: RITEK S04 066 (42h)

I just burned two of them and they are fine for me. havent done a scan or anything. took the disc out and put it back in. game came up for installation. good enough for me for right now.

[QUOTE=Cavalyr;2050906]the MID off the ones i purchased is: RITEK S04 066 (42h)

I just burned two of them and they are fine for me. havent done a scan or anything. took the disc out and put it back in. game came up for installation. good enough for me for right now.[/QUOTE]:cool: i will go see if CC here has any left tomorrow.

Best Buy also carries these. Might want to try to lower the price by either buying and returning for a price match later, to get an extra 10% off, or by price matching immediately and also using the 12% off coupon for rewards members. No guarantee that they’ll do a PM and allow the use of a coupon at the same time, but you can always try.

You can also get a PM at OfficeMax or Office Depot. Don’t forget to bring the Circuit City ad with you.

[QUOTE=soundping;2050490]This Verbatim fanaticism is scary. :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

What’s really scary are the people who don’t acknowledge that Verbatim is in fact the best. Recommendation of Verbatim is never meant to imply that other media won’t “work”, but when you look at the whole picture, including initial burn quality AND longevity, Verbatim is the safe bet. We don’t have to do any media troubleshooting when people use MIS Verb DLs. With other media, who knows what might be the cause of their problems?