Manufacturer ID : [CMC MAG]
Media Type ID : [E01]
Product Revision : [Not Specified]
Blank Disc Capacity : [2,295,104 Sectors = 4,482.6MB = 4.38GB (4.70GB
Recording Speeds : [1x , 2.4x , 4x , 6x-8x]
----------------------------------* ----------------------------------* -------
[ DVD Identifier - DVD.Identifier.CDfreaks.com ]
----------------------------------* ----------------------------------* -------

quality scans im getting are pretty bad , is memorex a bad brand ?

or is the benq burners the problem ? you think pioneer 108 or 109 would burn it better ?

whats your opinion on this media?

cheers!

Various media with various wualities are sold under the Memorex brand. Especially with dvd media you’ll not know what quality you’ll get…

What speed were these burned at?

The E01s I have tried gave relatively poor burns at 8x on my BenQ 1620, similar to what you posted AFAIR but very acceptable burns when I dropped the burning speed to 4x.

both burned at 8x , when i burned it at 4x on my benq 1640 i got duds…

All I can suggest would be to try at 4x on your 1620 as that seems to work on mine ok.

You scans, while not [I]excellent[/I], are not “[I]bad[/I]” :disagree: (except for the one with a 0 QS but as it’s a single PIF spike maybe it’s a glitch). Why call them “bad” when you get a QS of 94? :confused:

Memorex is not a very reliable brand, indeed. :disagree:

You can still try to get better results out of your CMCMAG Memorex by activating [I]Solid Burn for known media[/I] with Benq Qsuite 2.1. If this doesn’t improve quality, as already advised you can try to lower the writing speed to 6X or even 4X.

But results like the ones above are still OK (with the exception of the first scan as I already mentioned).

I wouldn’t call them bad scans, either! Except maybe for that one PIF spike, but as Franck said, could be a glitch.

I wouldn’t buy Memorex, if it were me…simply because of the variation in quality. :slight_smile:

CMC MAG E01 (I have a bunch of Imation-branded ones) burn OK in my LG4163B…not too much different to what you’re seeing.

i think ive found the problem , the dye on the disc has marks in them

the whole spindle is like this…

ill scan them in a minute to show you…

Apart from the first scan, the other two are actually alright. However, CMCMAGE01 should burn with much better quality on your drive than that. Here is a scan of a TDK 8x DVD+R disc with the same MID burned on a 1640 with BSOB :

It looks like it is definitely the discs you are using which are at fault. As others have mentioned, Memorex is definitely not particularly good quality media.