Memorex DVD-R 50 peice spindles.. Media ID?

I’d like to avoid getting CMC made discs, I know the +R variant gives me the chance of getting Ricoh JPN03 which would be ideal… Not sure I want to take the chance on that one though…

Would purchasing the memorex DVD-R give me better odds at getting a good disc? What are the media ID’s that come with memorex DVD-R? TIA

“It’s like a box of chocolates”, with memorex you don’t know what you’re getting. Once I bought a 50 piece package at Circuit City and I got MCC disks, but you’ll probably will get CMC media.
Why not giving Verbatim a try? They are on sale very often at OfficeMax, BB and Microcenter.

CMC isn’t necessarily worse than Ricoh MID. RICOHJPN03 doesn’t mean they’re made in Japan, they’re made by Ritek, Taiwan. Be aware that Memorex can be second grade material, although I haven’t had any problems with it myself.

Would purchasing the memorex DVD-R give me better odds at getting a good disc? What are the media ID’s that come with memorex DVD-R?

Have a look at videohelp.com / DVD Media. If in doubt however, buy Verbatim! :wink:

I think it will be CMC MAG. AM3 or RITEKF1. Both are not stellar, but ok.

I just got a bad batch of 50 CMC M01’s, so it left a sort of sour taste for them, even though the AM3’s burn decent on my Lite-on… But I can’t get the CMC no matter what flavor to burn worth poop on my NEC burner.

The RicohJPN03 has burned awesome on my NEC burner.

The Memorex 16x -R discs I have bought ended up being CMC AM3 and they burn well (typically around 30k total PIE and around 800 total PIF). Definitely better than the results I got from the lower-grade AM3 from Office Max’s store brand.