Memorex DVD DL ... Are they any good?

I know Verb DL are the best and maybe the only DL discs worth buying.
However, Office Depot has Memorex DL on sale this week ending 12-08.
Dare I get them or is everything other than Verbs crap?

Thanks

They are okay. Depends on who is making them for them at the time. I have had good luck with there single layer disk. I use HP/Sony DL’s or what ever is on sale, other wise I wait.

Parato, unless Verbatim DL are just way too expensive (i.e., out of your budget/price range), I’d stick with Verbatim DL, which should have the mid of MKM-something. The best Verbatim DL burns was from Verbatim media that said “made in Singapore” on the label. Even if that wasn’t the case, the Verbatim DL has the least error increase when going from layer 1 to layer 2–all the other DL burns I’ve seen have an unacceptable and very high jump when switching to the second layer. Also, the Verbatim’s longevity is not an issue, whereas whomever really makes the Memorex DL (and if it’s Ritek) will likely have some type of longevity issue where you’ll have to end up buying quality Verbatim to reburn the Memorex DL (if you bought it) onto anyway. I’d just totally avoid that possibility.

Memorex DVD DL … Are they any good?

No, definite answer.

[quote=chef;1948838]No, definite answer.[/quote]I agree. If it’s not Verbatim DL on sale [or, with a good enough drive, HP’s DL], don’t get it.

I have some memorex for friend burning… (4 out of 10 are junk).

Thanks to all for your help.

So why bother buying them? If you have 40% failure, you are paying 40% [I]more [/I]for them in the first place…

well how are Verbatim DL MII , i know Moser baer is a bad thing to buy, but here in INDIA you only find those . is it worth investing in those VERBATIM’s by MII .

[QUOTE=olyteddy;1949498]So why bother buying them? If you have 40% failure, you are paying 40% [I]more [/I]for them in the first place…[/QUOTE]

I bought them twice, (20 :X) still have about 5 to burn, or to coast.

[QUOTE=anujgarg;1949700]well how are Verbatim DL MII , i know Moser baer is a bad thing to buy, but here in INDIA you only find those . is it worth investing in those VERBATIM’s by MII .[/QUOTE]
Well they’re still Verbatim DL, just not as consistent or good as MIS ones. Drive firmware support is generally best for Verbatim so MII Verb DL should burn better then other options if the discs don’t have physical issues.

[QUOTE=Parato Optimal;1948562]I know Verb DL are the best and maybe the only DL discs worth buying.
However, Office Depot has Memorex DL on sale this week ending 12-08.
Dare I get them or is everything other than Verbs crap?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Every experience I have had with them has been no good yes they burn and yes they will sometimes have good playback 4 a while but, after so lonk they become unreadable & unplayable. Trust me I know from lots of experience with them. Memorex DVD+R DL :Z  :disagree:

MKM001’s are on sale @ microcenter & when they are pick up 40 of them it’s only 27.99 for 20pk that’s only 1.39 per disk sometimes that is cheaper than memorex!! :iagree:

The memorex’s (8x( are passable, but quality does very.

[QUOTE=jcusimano2;1951271]MKM001’s are on sale @ microcenter & when they are pick up 40 of them it’s only 27.99 for 20pk that’s only 1.39 per disk sometimes that is cheaper than memorex!! :iagree:[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately alot of us don’t have access to a Microcenter.

[QUOTE=jcusimano2;1951271]MKM001’s are on sale @ microcenter & when they are pick up 40 of them it’s only 27.99 for 20pk that’s only 1.39 per disk sometimes that is cheaper than memorex!! :iagree:[/QUOTE]

But it is MII Verb DL ( NJ store ) :doh: I can’t find any MIS
and Sams ( 50pack MII Verb DL )