Memorex Director's Cut

Anybody ever used these?

Yeah, I bought it for the cool case, they were CMC MAG AE1. Don’t have any left that I can scan but they weren’t too bad…

[quote=kahnmeister;2057716]Yeah, I bought it for the cool case, they were CMC MAG AE1. Don’t have any left that I can scan but they weren’t too bad…[/quote] The packaging above says DVD+R while CMC MAG. AE1 is a DVD-R media code, so perhaps you got the DVD-R version?

A-grade [I]scratch-resistant[/I] 8X CMC media? Sounds like a dream. :stuck_out_tongue:

These things must be pretty expensive, though, considering the overdone packaging.

But are they good quality?

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2057767]The packaging above says DVD+R while CMC MAG. AE1 is a DVD-R media code, so perhaps you got the DVD-R version?[/QUOTE]

Oops, yes I did sorry! :o But it was a while ago, I can’t remember if the packaging on mine had the “Duralayer Technology” or not, but this is going back to 2005 so my mind is sketchy :eek: I’ve still got the storage tin though it’s very well made at least.
As for expensive I got them for about AUD$3, so probably about 25c US per disc.
Also, correct me if i’m wrong, but i’ve never heard of CMC having a scratch resistant media line, but if they make the TDK scratchproof’s I guess anything’s possible?

If they don’t then maybe these aren’t CMC-made?

I have a pack of -R and +R, scans were not impressive ( had better AE1) but the discs are pretty cool.

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2057767]The packaging above says DVD+R while CMC MAG. AE1 is a DVD-R media code, so perhaps you got the DVD-R version?[/QUOTE]

The MID for 8x CMC DVD+R is CMC MAG E01.

And virtually all Memorex-branded media in fancy packaging (e.g. in “memory keeper” boxes, “directors cut” canisters) are made by CMC.

Yeah, they have both -R and +R. The -R has a subtlely different color scheme on the package.