Memorex Black CD-r's and PS2

I recently bought a 50 spindle of Black Memorex CD-R’s, hoping to use them for PSX backups in my PS2. Unfortunately, when I place one of them in my PS2, I hear a horrible, horrible screeching coming from the PS2. What could the problem be? Is it just a defective spindle of CD’s, or are they not compatible with the PS2, in which case I’ve wasted my money? My computer runs them fine.

Here’s the SmartBurn info:

Disc Type = CDR
Material = Phthalocyanine
Lead In = 97:32:19
Lead Out = 79:59:72
Nominal Capacity = 702.83MB
Manufacturer Maybe = Prodisc Technology Inc.
SMART-BURN Speed Limit = 48X (Write)

If anyone has any similar experience they can share, I will be very grateful. Thank you.

JP

You have a mod chip?

In future never buy any fancy discs, just use old good Taiyo Yuden to avoid headaches & be happy.

Yeah, I have a mod chip. :slight_smile:

Heh. Well, to my amazement, a couple of CD’s (!) from the spindle actually worked in my PS2, though the ratio is extremely small… (about 25% of the discs in the spindle). The difference between a CD that doesn’t work and a CD that will work, according to SmartBurn, is that the non-working discs are manufactured by ProDisc, whereas the working discs are made by “Unknown Manufacturer.” C’est la vie. And yeah, from now I’ll stick to Taiyos.