Memorex $90 DVD+R any good?

After an instant rebate of 40 bucks right now, you get them for 50.

http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=304497&pfp=cat3

These any good? Anybody have any experience with these?

I’ll be using them in a NEC 2500A.

if you get the ones EXACTLY as pictured, w/ either a gray or a black base (preferably black base) those are Ricoh’s and will burn at 8x. if you get the ones that have a straight top, w/ a thin ring around it, like a tab all the way around, those are CMC’s. AVOID the CMC’s, get the ones w/ the rolled lip at the top of the case, EXACTLY as pictured. trust me, i’ve had CMC’s and i was not pleased. i’m only emphasing it so that you don’t get the CMC’s.

Originally posted by NetTechie
[B]After an instant rebate of 40 bucks right now, you get them for 50.

http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=304497&pfp=cat3

These any good? Anybody have any experience with these?

I’ll be using them in a NEC 2500A. [/B]
If and only if that’s from Richo, your NEC 2500 will burn at “6X.” If it’s from CMC, it’s 4X.

Originally posted by kaotic504
if you get the ones EXACTLY as pictured, w/ either a gray or a black base (preferably black base) those are Ricoh’s and will burn at 8x. if you get the ones that have a straight top, w/ a thin ring around it, like a tab all the way around, those are CMC’s. AVOID the CMC’s, get the ones w/ the rolled lip at the top of the case, EXACTLY as pictured. trust me, i’ve had CMC’s and i was not pleased. i’m only emphasing it so that you don’t get the CMC’s.
Is this CMC or RIcho? It is black base but has a thin ring. http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0000ET93T/ce/102-7429340-8892147?v=glance&s=electronics&me=ATVPDKIKX0DER&vi=pictures&img=14#more-pictures

You cannot tell the difference between Ricoh and CMC +R by the packaging.
The important thing is that the 2500 will burn either of them extremely well.

Originally posted by rdgrimes
You cannot tell the difference between Ricoh and CMC +R by the packaging.
The important thing is that the 2500 will burn either of them extremely well.

That’s the diffence too. And you can get Richo for sure somewhere else for $15 more if you don’t buy now from Amazon. I got to know if anyone bought this exactly same Memorex from Amazon.

@rdgrimes, actually I have found noticeable differences between some Memorex RICOH and CMC packagings.

Memorex has stopped packaging RIOCH’s with gray spindles on the 50 packs.
This makes it a little more difficult to determine a RICOH spindle but not impossible.
If you want Memorex RICOH, look at the bottom of the spindle and make sure it is smooth and shiny (not textured). Also the clear spindle ‘bubble’ on RICOH discs is smooth and circular.
If you’re looking for a 25 pack, I have still seen many gray spindled 25 packs, which are RICOH.

If you want CMC pick a package that has a noticeably thicker spindle base. Also, the clear spindle bubble on CMC discs is “polygonal” with some noticeable flat edges (it is not one perfect circle).

Of course, these packaging styles may change without notice so YMMV big time here.

Of course, these packaging styles may change without notice so YMMV big time here

Exactly, I have bought Ricoh in all of the above described packaging.