Memorex 8X Media

vbimport

My DVD media of choice is Verbatim, both SL and DL.

By impulse I bought some Memorex 8X DL last week when they were on sales in my local Futureshop.

Do you guys have any experience in these blank DVD?

[QUOTE=mis3;2482008]My DVD media of choice is Verbatim, both SL and DL.

By impulse I bought some Memorex 8X DL last week when they were on sales in my local Futureshop.

Do you guys have any experience in these blank DVD?[/QUOTE]

These are mostly Ritek DVD+R DL media, which have had compatibility issues: The media appears to have burned successfully in some burners–only to have most standalone DVD players fail to recognize the discs.

Cue the coasters…

[QUOTE=chosenfew777;2482012]Cue the coasters…[/QUOTE]

Yo-

Agree-eh!! = :Z :Z :Z

So, I should return them !!!

You should return them. It probably won’t be worth the headache, even though there is a slight [infinitely tiny!] chance they’re good. Might as well go with something reliable if you can, though.

[QUOTE=mis3;2482148]So, I should return them !!![/QUOTE]

Use some of them and see what the results are they might be good or not you never know. I used memorex in the past and had fairly good results with them. But if you do use them to burn keep the burn speeds down on the memorex and see if they do better. I found out for myself to slow it down memorex helped for me to give a better burn results. But if you haven’t opended them you should be able to return them. But if they are opened already well your stuck using them but try to burn a few at 2.4x or 4x half of the burn speed and the lower one to see which one if will produce a better results for you. And if you got a bad batch…:doh: see if they will honor the warranty and send you a batch to replace that bad set you bought. That is your only choice at this point in time once you open them and if they produce bad burns.

I did not open them yet and I still have the original receipt.

I will return them. It takes almost an hour to backup a DL DVD and like you said, it’s not worth the headache.

Memorex bad Memorex bad Memorex bad Memorex bad Memorex bad Memorex bad Memorex bad Memorex bad Memorex bad Memorex bad Memorex bad Memorex bad Memorex bad Memorex bad Memorex bad Memorex bad
Learned a long time ago that is it says Memorex you are just buying a name since the disk are not made by them and are bad bad bad

True but out of all that I bought from various brand includin memorex the only problem I had was with 75 DL disc and the rest worked…so to me that is a high fail rate but they were cheap for me at that time but I now have a different source that works and is inexpensive to get that only had 6 disc failure so far from the batch.

Please consider the durability of the burned media over time.
A slower burn rate can indeed work on cheaper media, but will the disc still be readable 6 months from now?
Some will use inferior dies that will deteriorate over time. The silent killer…

[QUOTE=chosenfew777;2482369]Please consider the durability of the burned media over time.
A slower burn rate can indeed work on cheaper media, but will the disc still be readable 6 months from now?
Some will use inferior dies that will deteriorate over time. The silent killer…[/QUOTE]

FYI…yes they still work…hate to burst your bubble in this instant…maybe for you it did but not for mine…

memowrecks is a plague…

[QUOTE=chef;2482526]memowrecks is a plague…[/QUOTE]

Beyond that bad batch I got a majority still works and play with the burned movies correctly. One plague is anothers’ cure…

To be fair, I have used many Memorex SL DVD and they were fine, both in burning as well as playback…

[QUOTE=mis3;2482820]To be fair, I have used many Memorex SL DVD and they were fine, both in burning as well as playback…[/QUOTE]

This is largely because Memorex gets its SL DVD media from several different manufacturers–primarily CMC Magnetics and Ritek. Both manufacturers have been quite inconsistent with their quality control, however. Sometimes you might receive Memorex-labelled CMC-made discs which are Verbatim’s “rejects”–those are discs with MCC stampers which did not quite make Mitsubishi/Verbatim’s tougher-than-average quality control standards but are still “too good” to discard or destroy in the eyes of CMC.

Good to hear that the media has performed well for you, CC.
Thanks for your concern about my bubble, but I believe it is intact, just as your non-“bad batch” media is.
I guess I’m a believer in “You get what you pay for.”-quality, consistency, & durability.
mis3: Dual-layer media is quite a different beast compared to more tolerant SL media.

Go Dallas Cowboys!