Memorex 48x24x48

I just picked up a Memorex 48x24x48 from CompUSA for only $79.99. Nero reports a firmware of SWS3. Great drive so far - and FAST!

I assume this is the Lite-On LTR-48246S. How do we identify the true manufacturer and chipset?

I remember someone here having bought a 48126S. Could you extract your firmware file with mtkflash and mail it to me?
noe@hrz.tu-chemnitz.de

Seanmcgpa,

I too just picked up a drive like yours.
Mine is SLOW as snail %^$^…

What is your system? MB…Bios? etc…

I have a Sony crx195e1 which burned just as slow. Thats why I tried the Memorex. Now with both drives acting the same way, I am leaning to my BIOS…My MB is a Asus P4S533…

Any input would be helpful.

Thanks.

Originally posted by UncleCC
[B]Seanmcgpa,

I too just picked up a drive like yours.
Mine is SLOW as snail %^$^…

What is your system? MB…Bios? etc…

I have a Sony crx195e1 which burned just as slow. Thats why I tried the Memorex. Now with both drives acting the same way, I am leaning to my BIOS…My MB is a Asus P4S533…

Any input would be helpful.

Thanks. [/B]

It’s got to be a problem with your system.

I’m running a SuperMicro P4DC6+ with duel P4 Xeon 2.4ghz, 1 GB PC800 RDRAM. The Memorex is connected to a firewire external bay.

I am burning 80 min cds in about 2:40. REALLY sweet.

Could you extract your firmware file with mtkflash and mail it to me too?

d_r_a_k_o@ono.com

Thanks

Thanks for the feedback…

Hope someone reads this and has some ideas.

I assume this is the Lite-On LTR-48246S. How do we identify the true manufacturer and chipset?

Are you keen enough to remove the bottom cover? It’s a simple procedure, but it may void your warranty if there is a warranty sticker that needs to be cut… It would be useful if you could identify the product numbers on the 2 big chips with the letter “M” on them. They will probably both read MT15XX, etc.

Success!

I did successfully flash my new Memorex 48Maxx 48/24/48 to a Lite-On LTR - 48246S using the newest SS06 firmware.

Works like a charm … no differences really. I just did it so when the 52x firmware becomes available I can try to upgrade.
Memorexx isn’t real big on firmware updates, anyway.

Big chips say MT1518E and MT1516E respectively.
Mainboard says: LTR-32123S-A

Already answered here

UncleCC: are you 100% sure that DMA is enabled for your drive? Alse make sure that your media is supported by the drive for full speed recording.