Memorex 16x DVD+R's at FutureShop ($45 CAD for 100)

vbimport

The ones I got come up as RICHOJPNR03, seemed to burn fine on my now firmware patched NEC6100 burner. They wouldn’t burn at all until I patched the firmware, but now I’ve got -R as well as +R! If you need any more information on them, let me know.

Clint

finally memorex is using them again

to bad i live in the usa

The 50 spindle Memorex 16X DVD+R in FutureShop is also RICOHJPNR03 and they are only CAD19.99. The 16X DVD-R is CMC MAG AM3. Both work fine with the BenQ1640.

Yeah, I thought I checked out all the prices while I was there, but apparently not. :slight_smile: Ah, well, it’s too far away to walk back for $5. Plus I already burned one to test it.

Clint

cneufeld, did yours have 3 foam spacers at the top?

I got the RicohJPNR03, they are terrible. I wouldn’t get this crap again. And I made the mistake of getting 100 instead of the 50-pk :frowning:
MIT = teh sux

what are you talking about? everyone else says its great

I don’t know who the “everyone else” is that you are talking about, but this is mediocre media at best. The only great media is Taiyo Yuden, and Verbatim MCC media.

Yo-

Have to agree with Rob 100% on this one-

Memorex has always been a crap shoot at best-

Mike

Best Buy has Memorex 16X +R media for $17.99 for the 50 pk. this week. I bought some not knowing what I was getting and found them to be Verbatim MCC disks. Naturally I got greedy and went back for more and that batch was the RICHOJPN. Big difference in the two. The Verbatim burned great :bigsmile: but the Richo not so well :a .

Yo-

Best example of the “crap shoot” I mentioned-

Mike

sure, show us a good scan of this media then… try burning at 8x at least.

yep riggits is correct the best these will burn is @ 8x
the old 8x ricoh 02 were more reliable than these @ 12x

scans here -> http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=139533&page=22&pp=25

Of course there are probably some bad batches or bad disks in the spindle just like TY and Verbatim. I would say RICOHJPNR03 is a very good media.

Here are some good burns on RICOHJPNR03. Open your eyes.