[meMeMe!?] Bitsetting, no need for my ps2!?

vbimport

After i burned this ps2 backup the 3rd time, where this time an Imation+R(ricoh). I suddenly realised that i did not set DVD-Rom for the booktype!! By 451@851(GS0C) at 4x, record and verify every round by RecordNow!! I said to myself, “shoot, i wasted another disk again, money and time… … …”

OK, let me run KProbe 1st since i’m in middle of Sengoku!! The result is worst than the ones burned by 451(GSB7). Should i feel better :stuck_out_tongue: ^$&$&$*%^()

Anyway, I stuck it into ps2… waiting for whatever error screen… the PS2 logo pops up… Openning movie plays smoothly, and i can start the game!!

Is that my mod-chip, my ps2 version, or the fair enough ricoh…!? I always thought my mod-chip is crappy cause it doesn’t load cd backups…

here’s the KProbe scan :-

I think you may have gotten a whacky batch of Ricoh where each disc can be different in the same package/spindle. Add to that a possible crap mod chip and it’s no wonder you are having problems.

Originally posted by Ssseth
I think you may have gotten a whacky batch of Ricoh where each disc can be different in the same package/spindle. Add to that a possible crap mod chip and it’s no wonder you are having problems.

problems??? what problems??? :confused:

I bought 10 Imation +R 4x, each with a box. Its package indicates that it’s going to be sell in North America. The serial#/barcode on the back is 051122165504.

It would be your PS2 or your chip.

I believe it was versions after 6 that can usally play dvd+r.

If you have a certain chip that defeats the media check, that would do it too.