Mem_Bad_Pointer Error

vbimport

I am constantly getting this error when using Easy Cd Creator5:
SmartHeapMemory Library Mem_Bad_Pointer Error
and often
CReaTR50Caused and Invalid Page Fault
Or Smart _Heap Error Handler recursively re-entered

I only getthese errors with this program.
My system is a Pentium III 1Ghz with 256MB of memory using Windows 98 SE IE 5.5 with a Plextor 16/10/40A and Sound Blaster Live Card.

I already downloaded and installed the update.
Thank You

If you do a Google search for “SmartHeap Library Mem_Bad_Pointer” you will get 33 hits. Copy the search description exactly as stated above.

This error can be caused by a number of things, including dll and software conflicts. This error seems to be more commonly a Win95 error. Veritas has a fix for one version at [SHW32.DLL patch for Smart Heap Library and Mem_Bad_Pointer errors]](http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/229251.htm).

Did you do an upgrade to Win98 from Win95? If so, some buggy Win95 drivers may have been left behind in the system.

Thank You for the feedback and information.

Yes, I did upgrade from Windows 95 to 98 SE.

I will try your suggestions.

Regards
                                             M. Calcagno

If you do a Google search for “SmartHeap Library Mem_Bad_Pointer” you will get 33 hits. Copy the search description exactly as stated above.

This error can be caused by a number of things, including dll and software conflicts. This error seems to be more commonly a Win95 error. Veritas has a fix for one version at SHW32.DLL patch for Smart Heap Library and Mem_Bad_Pointer errors].

Did you do an upgrade to Win98 from Win95? If so, some buggy Win95 drivers may have been left behind in the system.