Melody 80min Black Diamond CDR's

I read an article, from a well know stereo guru that the Melody 80 min Black Diamond CDR’s sounded the best for audio recording.
He said that he tested over 30 different brands and that this one by far sounded the best. He also said that the copy even sounded better then the orgional. Could this be true? and is there any scientific reserach that might back this up? (Black reflects better, so there is less errors?) Is there anyone out there using these Black Diamond CDR’s with good success? Also, I read that it is better to record in 1x verses say 8x or higher, is this true?

Originally posted by Chuck Flanagan
I read an article, from a well know stereo guru that the Melody 80 min Black Diamond CDR’s sounded the best for audio recording.
He said that he tested over 30 different brands and that this one by far sounded the best. He also said that the copy even sounded better then the orgional. Could this be true? and is there any scientific reserach that might back this up? (Black reflects better, so there is less errors?) Is there anyone out there using these Black Diamond CDR’s with good success? Also, I read that it is better to record in 1x verses say 8x or higher, is this true?

Interesting. Where is the article? :wink:


Melody (CMC) 80Min Black Diamond 24x CD-R Grade

Has CMC ever been considered as a good manufacturer ?

The article was written by the owner of Genesis ( a high end speaker and audio company) I don’t have the article, my brother who owns a stereo store read it to me. I will try to get a copy of the article and post it. We are not talking about your average consumer here that listens to music on a $400 system, this guy probably has a $200,000 system. I personally use Mitsui siliver unbranded cdr’s and have had great results.

There is a publishment that disagrees though.

I’m curious how anything can be better than the original if it’s an 1:1 copy.

Hmmm,did I like that name “Black Diamond”.Makes me wonder were I heard that before?:bigsmile: /gs.

If all the data is in a digital form (and is is by the way), how could it get better? You would have to add information. The dark media has no effect on sound output. I could feel and think it sounds better just like I think and feel I look better driving a Corvette. I look the same and the sound stays the same.

You can read the article call (The Saga of the Black CD) by going to www.genesis80.com/contactset.htm1
This article going into great detail of how they came to the conclusion that the Melody 80 min Black Diamond cdr’s were the the sounding.

Sorry, I gave the wrong e-mail address, go to www.genesis80.com
then click on downloads, then click on White Paper (The Saga of the Black CD)

Originally posted by Astronutty
If all the data is in a digital form (and is is by the way), how could it get better? You would have to add information. The dark media has no effect on sound output. I could feel and think it sounds better just like I think and feel I look better driving a Corvette. I look the same and the sound stays the same.

Actually , digital does not exist. It’s an human invention , like time.

Everything in the world is analog. Digital is just descibed by well defnied boundaries of that analog world. The same thing applies for pits and lands in a cdrom.

Originally posted by Chuck Flanagan
The article was written by the owner of Genesis ( a high end speaker and audio company) I don’t have the article, my brother who owns a stereo store read it to me. I will try to get a copy of the article and post it. We are not talking about your average consumer here that listens to music on a $400 system, this guy probably has a $200,000 system. I personally use Mitsui siliver unbranded cdr’s and have had great results.

But don’t Sony and Mitsubishi have more expensive systems? Why not Bill Gates?

I know what Melody is. Distrust the brand.