Medium Error

vbimport

Medium Error, No additional sense information (3:0x02:oxff)

What does this mean and how do I stop it?

Does it mean that Imation sucks and I should buy better media?

Does it mean that Imation sucks
Perhaps, but I know you have an Acer :wink: My 24102B, Acer 1610, Ricoh MP7163A all eat Imation 24x Silver for brekky.

Could you help me figure out how to flash my drive and update my firmware? I will purchase the beter media today.

Thanks FutureProof, I can use all the help that I can get. Did you get the message thatI sent and did I di that right. Is it out of line to sent private messages vs posting?

actually, i found that Imation CDs are the best CDs for my Phillips CD writer. I’ve tried Memorex, but most of the copies failed with it.

If it is not the imation then why is it failing?

Juice do you also have a Philips writer? If not then you cannot be sure that although Imation CD-R’s work ok for HamsterMan (funny name ;)) will also work for your drive. Different CD-RW drive manufactures recommend different CD-R brands. You can check my reply regarding upgrading firmware (flashing) here.

Originally posted by G@M3FR3@K
for HamsterMan (funny name ;))

i try my best :smiley:

Originally posted by G@M3FR3@K
will also work for your drive. Different CD-RW drive manufactures recommend different CD-R brands. You can check my reply regarding upgrading firmware (flashing) here.

its really strange, but Phillips CD-R are bad for my Phillips CD writer :expressionless:

I will give it a try

ok i get the Medium error at 9 percent every time. I have tried 4 dif. media types. heres the kicker… It worked fine till i formated the drive. I am running the same OS…win98SE but i get the error! I downloaded the ultra ata storage manager from Intel, which i had B 4. Still will not work! I have a Yamaha 2100e which again i did not have problems before. I tried at 1 speed, jacked up the buffer, even tried to turn it down. I even went and got aspi updates. Now i thought there was another kind of download out there that i had to get for this to work??? i cant rememebr. I do have the latest version of clonecd and cdrwin. The both give the same error so it has to be somewhere in the software. Has anyone heard of Microsoft makingsoftware that is needed that is not installed either on the OS or with clonecd?? Let me know thanks! C:(

Originally posted by CUBEMAn
ok i get the Medium error at 9 percent every time. I have tried 4 dif. media types.
Have you read this?

Game Title? protection?
Version of CloneCD?
MoBo Chipset brand? (VIA, Intel - model of board will do)

All fixed… The drive was in the wrong mode…Had to get intels ATA storage manager and change from UDMA2 to DMA WM2 works great once again!!! C

Which drive!? From UDMA2 to DMA Multi Word 2, is like, a backwards step - I hope you went feom MW to UDMA :eek:

@hamsterman

weirdest thing, im using the 20x philips, and the memorex’s are kicking ass for me. not a single coaster. i guess i dont rigidly test my media like some people do. the philips cd-r media, according to cdmediaworld, is another brand w/the philips name on it :wink: