MediaCodeSpeedEdit tool for DVD-Writers

vbimport

Hi Ala42,

Great soft, I have had great success swapping strategies around for DL media, in the past. Unfortunately my latest drive an OPTIARC AD-5280S CB PLUS is not supported as it is one of the latest editions to the OPTIARC fleet.

I know your working on adding this drive to the next version of MCSE and was wondering if you received a copy of the developer 1.Z8 firmware yet, if you haven’t, I could easily dump it and upload a copy for you.

Finally do you have any idea when it might be released? I, like many can’t wait to start swapping strats with this overburn drive.

The drives performance with cheap media is pretty poor to say the least.

Well it looks like there’s firmware available on firmwarehq.com for the LG BH14. Hopefully support can be added soon. There’s even a newer drive http://www.computeruniverse.net/en/products/90494079/lg-bh16ns40.asp (also 14x burner though)

If I understand correctly, there is not support for iHASx24 C and D revs because their MTK controllers are too new?

Hello all. I’m new to the board and I appreciate any advice you could provide. I’ve currently got an external (portable) BluRay Writer that I purchased off Ebay a few years back. It’s been ripping and writing fine for years but it seems to be on its last legs. The drive is a Matshita, and is very slow. I use MakeMKV and I’d like to be able to rip faster. I searched online because my read speed (6x) wasn’t coming close to that (barely 2x) and I heard about riplock.

I’m not techie enough to want to flash new firmware or anything crazy but I would like to purchase a new Portable BluRay Writer that people have had good luck with and ships without rip lock. I’m on a Mac. If anyone has any suggestions for something that rips fast (without riplock) and is available to purchase I would be very grateful.

Sorry I’m not great with the tech stuff and I also apologize if this is mundane or very basic for this board, but I’d love to get some insight from you guys who seem to have tried all the different brands and drives…

Thanks very much!

Are there any chances for the inclusion of Lite-On iHBS112 in MCSE?

I’d really like a riplock patch and RPC1/RPC2 auto reset feature for this one.

Is it not possible due to the drive being a BDR-drive?

Guys… I am recently learnin about riplock and how I need it dissabled on my BD drive so it can rip faster. I heard I need to upgrade my firmware.

Anyone have a firmware without riplock for HP bd340i drive?

Thanks.

Does MCSE support the C series / revision liteon drives?

Thanks!

Hope all is well with ala42, he has gone very quiet lately, here’s to hoping he is in his lab somewhere formulating the code for the latest version of MCSE :slight_smile:

Hi all. I used SmartPack to download the firmware for my driver. I upgraded it. The FW was downloaded to my Documents as “ML05.exe” for my HP 340i aka iHBS212. Now, I want to try and increase the rip speed using MCSE. But when I load the program, then click on load FW, and I load the “ML05.exe”, everything is grayed out. Nothing changes at all with the exception that on the top of the program it now shows the ML05.exe and that is all.

Any help? What am I doing wrong?

mediacodespeededit Support SH-222BB ? firmware SB00 , SB01?

First of all we`ve to thank ala42 for the great work he has done for this forum. :bow:

[QUOTE=mottacabral;2685053]mediacodespeededit Support SH-222BB ? firmware SB00 , SB01?[/QUOTE] Trials and errors. Paste the firmware in MCSE and you`ll learn.
BTW. Welcome to myce (aka cdfreaks). :smiley:

[QUOTE=pinto2;2685066]First of all we`ve to thank ala42 for the great work he has done for this forum. :bow:

Trials and errors. Paste the firmware in MCSE and you`ll learn.
BTW. Welcome to myce (aka cdfreaks). :D[/QUOTE]

I did not understand, he does not open the firmware sh-222bb already tested

So what’s happened to ala42? The last MCSE was published in late 2011 and still no updated versions so far.

Also how come MCSE does not support patching of Pioneer portable DVD writers?? For the record none of the XDxx models are supported.

thx for post

To extract the BIN from EXE firmware WL0G for iHOS104 use Flash Fix from http://club.myce.com/f44/flashfix-important-new-version-92999/ to unkack the EXE and then with binary/HEX editor copy 1048576 bytes starting from H’16613C (here starts string X­ÄÅˆ~)

Cheers
zibi

For other firmware versions the starting address may be different, but always starts with string X­ÄÅˆ~
Cheers
/zibi

ala42 , could be added the riplock patch for Lg gh24ns95 ?

i tried to load the last firmware from Lg , but Media Code Speed Edit does not load the firmware and save

[QUOTE=malchick743;2685655]So what’s happened to ala42? The last MCSE was published in late 2011 and still no updated versions so far…[/QUOTE]

Sorry for not being able to help you out.

To my knowledge ala42 retired from our forum a year ago. :sad::sad::sad:
Don’t know why our management/ admins didn’t close all the MCSE threads at same time, because the situation we are in is kinda confusing. :confused:

I have this drive with the 1.01 firmware installed. Can riplock be removed for this version? I have tried to patch the firmware, but the drive becomes unresponsive and has COR listed until I reflash with the stock image. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

[QUOTE=Silverbullet763;2706275]I have this drive with the 1.01 firmware installed. Can riplock be removed for this version? I have tried to patch the firmware, but the drive becomes unresponsive and has COR listed until I reflash with the stock image. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.[/QUOTE]

sadly MCSE looks no more updated :sad::sad: