MediaCodeSpeedEdit tool for DVD-Writers

vbimport

[QUOTE=dmcgce;2650834]Are there any plans to support the Samsung SE-506AB in MCSE? Thanks.[/QUOTE]
The bluray drives use different chipsets with ARM cores and I have no patches for these drives.

Could you add support for the Samsug SH-222BB (TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-222BB SB01) the firmware can be found here http://www.firmwarehq.com/drive.php?inq=TSSTcorp%20CDDVDW%20SH-222BB&chk=224 I was hoping to remove riplock and region but I can’t find any modified firmwares for this drive, I just bought it at amazon for $16 to replace my old plextor drive, so far I found out it doesn’t support over-burning either so that was kinda disappointing

Are there any plans to support the LG B/WH14NS40 in MCSE? Thanks.

[QUOTE=bjjones;2655259]Are there any plans to support the LG B/WH14NS40 in MCSE? Thanks.[/QUOTE]
This drive has a Mediatek MT1959 controller, the previous LG drives in the last years had a Renesas controller. They have nothing in common but the drive name, and there is also no firmware available AFAIK, so I currently have no plans to support this drive family.

[QUOTE=otyg;2655152]Could you add support for the Samsug SH-222BB (TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-222BB SB01) the firmware can be found here http://www.firmwarehq.com/drive.php?inq=TSSTcorp%20CDDVDW%20SH-222BB&chk=224 I was hoping to remove riplock and region but I can’t find any modified firmwares for this drive, I just bought it at amazon for $16 to replace my old plextor drive, so far I found out it doesn’t support over-burning either so that was kinda disappointing[/QUOTE]
Does this drive have riplock ?

I’m no expert but i’m guessing it does, i tried with my own dvd and it seemed very slow to copy it

ala42,

It seems like the last few releases of MediaCodeSpeedEdit have provided RPC-2 auto-reset patches instead of removing or disabling of RPC completely (RPC-1), this seems especially the case for LG DVD drives.

Have complications with regards to making drives (and especially LG drives) RPC-1 come about?

[QUOTE=Ascii2;2657895]ala42,

It seems like the last few releases of MediaCodeSpeedEdit have provided RPC-2 auto-reset patches instead of removing or disabling of RPC completely (RPC-1), this seems especially the case for LG DVD drives.

Have complications with regards to making drives (and especially LG drives) RPC-1 come about?[/QUOTE]
In MCSE all Renesas chipset based LG RPC patches are RPC2 auto reset patches, all Panasonic chipset based LG RPC patches are RPC1. I prefer the auto reset patch as it does not require any software installed on the PC, so I used the already available patch from TDB when I implemented the first patch for Renesas LG drives. I did not want to take the effort of supporting both patches.

Having checked the list of supported drives I went ahead & ordered the LG GH24NS70, unfortunatly when it arrived it was a GH24NS90, with a note saying the NS70 was discontinued.
Any chance you could add support for the new model in the next issue please?

[QUOTE=robby2k9;2658383]Having checked the list of supported drives I went ahead & ordered the LG GH24NS70, unfortunatly when it arrived it was a GH24NS90, with a note saying the NS70 was discontinued.
Any chance you could add support for the new model in the next issue please?[/QUOTE]
The GH24NS90 uses a Mediatek MT1839LN chip instead of the usual Renesas or Panasonic chips used in LG DVD burners. It is completely new drive, so there will be no support for it soon.

Hello ala42, thanks for your support of MCSE. How about add support to Pioneer DVR-220L 1.01? Thanks.

http://www.firmwarehq.com/download_1973-file_DVR-220VXL_FW1.01_120605.zip.html

Also supporting the latest version of the DVR-S19L/DVR-219L 1.01_120913 firmware (http://club.myce.com/f87/post-new-firmware-tool-announcements-here-210917/) would be nice, if it is not too difficult to do, as this could well be the last firmware release for this drive … MCSE only supports the first firmware release for this drive … none of the other 4 firmware releases since that one are supported.

Hello forum.

Thank you for providing the MediaCodeSpeedEdit program.

I am sorry for stealing your time. I did not read the complete thread.
So maybe the answer to my question was answered before.

But this is not the question.

Here it comes:

What are these Media descriptors good for?

I am a user of your software for years and I patched DVD burner firmwares
only by editing available DVD+/-R manufacturer entries in the manufacturer list.

Example:
Maybe my DVD burner supports these AML DVD+R media only:

AML 001-000 4x
AML 002-000 8x

I cannot change the speed factors of any entry with the software.
But OK.

So if I purchase AML-003 media with 16x writing speed I can only edit an entry of a different manufacturer if I want to burn with 16x speed which I actually do not do.

Is this no problem?

Are the media descriptors only stupid text strings? There are no different writing strategies for different manufacturers programmed in form of tables or whatever inside media burners?

My burner always welcomes if there is at least any firmware entry matching the used blank DVD. So using DVD+R9 disks this way I can burn with 1x or 2.4x speed. Without matching firmware entry I cannot burn those media.

Check amazon or other DVD dealers for the user comments.
The users try multiple burning programs and cannot burn correctly with their notebook or desktop DVD burners.

Reason: The DVD media are not supported by the burner firmware. The users then blame the blank DVDs.

But the DVDs are perfect.

I usually try to buy only burners supported by MediaCodeSpeedEdit.
This way my DVDs are burnt to almost 100%.
The notebook burners are a problem only. A lot of them are not supported.

To repeat my question:
Are the DVD media descriptors basically just stupid text strings?

Greetings.
CEE_oink

It is entirely possible to choose a poorly matched write strategy, so they are more than just text strings, in many cases. There are drives that will trigger a learning algorithm (such as HyperTuning or SolidBurn) with ProdiscF02 and RITEKF1, but will not try to learn with TYG03. Still, your success likely results from good choices when strategy swapping, but they are more than just text strings.

I was wondering when support will be added for the newest batch of drives. The last update was back in oct 2011 and i’m planning on getting the LG BH14NS40 for my new system. Sadly i can’t speedpatch the firmware from firmwarehq.com as MCSE doesnt support it “yet”. It loads the exe just fine but every option including the one i want the most (increase read speed) stay greyed out and the firmware rev box simply states “Firmware Flash Program v1.03”.

[QUOTE=Ch3vr0n;2668160]I was wondering when support will be added for the newest batch of drives. The last update was back in oct 2011 and i’m planning on getting the LG BH14NS40 for my new system. Sadly i can’t speedpatch the firmware from firmwarehq.com as MCSE doesnt support it “yet”. It loads the exe just fine but every option including the one i want the most (increase read speed) stay greyed out and the firmware rev box simply states “Firmware Flash Program v1.03”.[/QUOTE]
See http://club.myce.com/f61/mediacodespeededit-tool-dvd-writers-114269/index53.html#post2655446

hmmz, must have overlooked that part. Shame to hear. I was planning on getting that drive for my new system. Guess i’ll stay with my current BH10 and BH08 then for now. Is there so much difference between the 2 chipsets that “disables” MCSE? As i quite frequently buy movies & create backups the speed increase is of high importance to me. If a firmware update comes out or someone manages to extract it (dump is what you guys call it?), any chance you’ll add support for it then?

[QUOTE=Ch3vr0n;2668436]Is there so much difference between the 2 chipsets that “disables” MCSE?[/QUOTE]
They have completely different CPU cores (V850 vs. ARM), so everything is different. The only thing in common is the drive name, which looks about the same.

well i could ask what the difference is between the 2 (im a bit of a techy) that makes it incompatible but i’ll trust ya. If an official firmware comes out for drves with that nem ARM (if that’s what the new ones use), will support be added then?

I’ve got final Q besides my previous one. I revisted this last couple pages and perhaps i’ve overlooked it. I was wondering if the LG GH24NS95 also uses that new chipset that prevents riplock removal. Reason i’m asking is because i found the GH24NS70 in the changelog but not the NS95