MediaCodeSpeedEdit tool for DVD-Writers

vbimport

Hi,
I tried to teach my LG GGW-H20L a new MediaCode for BD-R DL. But when I select one of the BD-R DL codes in the firmware I can only edit the Media Name but Ext. and Rev a greyed out. I also tried to import but nothing changed.

Is Media Code Editing not supported for Blu-ray media or am I doing something wrong?

Editing Blu-ray media codes is not supported.

Ok…

How big are the chances this will be possible in future releases?

So I’m guessing that Lite-on protects their firmwares from patching eh? MCSE will not load 7L09 for my iHES108 drive. Aw well. 7L07 will have to do :slight_smile:

Hi ala42 and thanks for the excellent job you’ve done so far.

Have the developement been discontinued for this software?
Will it ever support BD media code edit for LG drives?

Thanks in advance
Matteo

Without a chance for reliable quality testing of the result is makes not much sense to patch the media table. Especially it makes no sense to add LTH media strings to older drives, which do not support any LTH media, as this can not work. Better stick to quality media.
Cheap poor media producing poor results even on drives supporting these stuff will produce very bad results when used with a randomly choosen write strategy in a patched firmware.

Actually, some recorders (e.g. my LG BH08LS20) works well with a few LTH media so I think that support could be extended with the firmware patch. At least, it should be worth a chance.
Consider that a low quality (but very cheap) media can be a reasonable choice in several situations.
If you want to try, i’d be glad to test it for you

I just got notified by my LG ODD that there is new firmware available for the LG BH10LS30. I successfully loaded it into MCSE and speedpatched it. Just want to make sure it’s fully supported before i flash it. For those interested: below the changes for fw 1.01 - PRODISC BD-R SL 4x support - CMC BD-R DL 6x support - TAYO YUDEN BD-R SL LTH 6x support - MKM BD-R SL 4x,6x write quality improvement - New BCA BD disc support

6X taiyo yuden LTH? Nice. I can’t find the 4X TY’s anymore :frowning: At least not in the states. I have seen them on ebay from international sellers :wink:

I have a Samsung SE-S204S_TS00 external DVD write. I used CodeGuy’s tool but I see no change in write speed. I tried using MCSE but I can’t click “Set Speed” so it won’t do anything beneficial for me. Am I doing something wrong? Is my drive not supported?

Get the latest firmware first. Should be TS02.

i have a tsstcorp ts-u633j drive.
i have downloaded the firmware from samsungodd.com, extracted the bin file and loaded it into mcse, but it doesnt give me any options to modify the firmware.
(ive also trid the dell oem firmware, but i got the same result)

what have i done wrong?

A cursory glance at the MCSE change log shows no explicit support for the U633J, if I am not mistaken.

[QUOTE=Albert;2603431]A cursory glance at the MCSE change log shows no explicit support for the U633J, if I am not mistaken.[/QUOTE]

true, but i was hoping that ‘not supported’ didnt mean ‘doesnt work’.

i did see that there was support for ‘U633F’, and thought that they would be sufficiently similar that it would work out of the box. perhaps im wrong.

Greetings all!

I’ve been having SIGNIFICANT problems with 2 prominent MIDs on my Asus 24B3LT (also tried flashing it to both the iHAS424B & PX-890SA). The codes are MBIPG101-R10-65 & MKM-001-00.

However, my RICOHJPN-D01-67discs burn wonderfully.

Is there a chance that MCSE could resolve this issue? And if so, what would be the best method?

Thanks!!! :slight_smile:

MediaCodeSpeedEdit V1.2.0.10 is out.

Changelog

1.2.0.10 03 Oct 2011
        - added support for BH12NS35/BH12LS35 1.01
        - added support for BH12NS38/BH12LS38 1.00
        - added support for GH24NS70 GN01-06
        - added support for HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GU40
        - added support for HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GU40

- added support for ATAPI iHAS622 A
        - added support for ATAPI iHAS624 A
        - added support for ATAPI iHAS124 B
        - added support for ATAPI iHAS224 B
        - added support for ATAPI iHAS424 B
        - added support for ATAPI iHAS524 B
        - added support for ATAPI iHAS624 B

- added support for PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-S17J 1.10
        - added support for PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-115D 9.06 (Primera)
        - added support for PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-215D 9.13 (Primera)
        - added support for PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-216D 9.08 (Primera)

- added support for Optiarc DVD RW AD-7280S 1.01
        - added support for Optiarc DVD RW AD-5260S 1.Z5

Download Changelog

Thank you! :clap:

in what way is the ihas B series supported? I can’t get any of them to work, seems like the drive won’t boot if any of the drive strats are changed

finally got it working, was using the unscrambled exe files on codeguys, turns out I had to read flash using flashutil and mod the bin file instead.

Hi,

I have checked the firmware for LG BH10LS38 for Media Codes, but it does not work. The message says “Displaying the media code list is not avaliable yet for this LG firmware”. Drive Speed and RC2 patch works, but no Media Codes… :sad:

Any chance to get the list of Media Codes from the firmware extracted?
I am starting to purchase a lager number of media (25 & 50 GB) and need to verify the right ones for this burnner.

Thank you for your support!

With kind regards
Joe :cool:

PS.: I have extracted the firmware with flasher ( http://sourceforge.net/projects/flasher/files/ )