MediaCodeSpeedEdit support for LG DVD-Writers

vbimport

danke

[QUOTE=ala42;2616030]The BP06 is a BT10, for which I have an RPC2 AutoReset patch.[/QUOTE]

Dear ala42,

could you please provide an AutoReset patch for the USB-connected LG BP06LU11 with the latest Firmware HK01?

The original firmware has been posted here before and can be downloaded here:

http://www.lg.com/lgecs.downloadFile.ldwf?DOC_ID=KRSWD000009419&ORIGINAL_NAME_b1_a1=BP06LU11_HK01-0C(ew).zip&FILE_NAME=KRSWD000009419-b1-a1.zip&TC=DwnCmd

Thank you so much! :eek:

alectronic

thanks for this. i’m hoping to remove the speedlock on my ggw-h20l

[QUOTE=cvs;2670385]Yes, I know, but the procedure outlined in the link you posted had no reference to fixing the checksum before flashing the modified firmware to the drive … and the above is for Renesas based drives. Bear in mind that there are also Panasonic and Mediatek based LG drives, which should not be messed up with in this way …[/QUOTE]
hi

may i know where can i get the flasher.exe?

thanks

[QUOTE=mantra;2697556]hi

may i know where can i get the flasher.exe?

thanks[/QUOTE]

http://sourceforge.net/projects/flasher/files/

Hi, I wonder how to convert to RPC1 my WH14NS40. I already downloaded the last firmware, which is 1.01-A1. Thanks in advanced.

[QUOTE=HFW;2704977]Hi, I wonder how to convert to RPC1 my WH14NS40. I already downloaded the last firmware, which is 1.01-A1. Thanks in advanced.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, there are no such patches available for 14x/16x LG drives. You’ll need to use a software solution such as AnyDVD / AnyDVD HD.

Thank you for your answer. This is bad.

[QUOTE=cvs;2705011]Unfortunately, there are no such patches available for 14x/16x LG drives. You’ll need to use a software solution such as AnyDVD / AnyDVD HD.[/QUOTE]

i would really very glad to unlock the “riplock :Z”

Thx ala

[QUOTE=cvs;2705011] You’ll need to use a software solution such as AnyDVD / AnyDVD HD.[/QUOTE]

hi
may i ask a question about anydvd ?
can anydvd disable the riplock?
i downloaded and tried with a dvd i bought , i did rip very slow about at 2x

thanks

Riplock isn’t removed by anydvd, that removed by the software thus topic is for! Provided your drive model is supported. Anydvd is a decrypter/ripper not a firmware modifier like mcse.

I have the LG GH22LP20 and in the MediaCode list it says firmware 1.04 is modifiable, but firmware 2.0 is available for this drive, does that mean 2.0 cannot be edited, or just that the list isn’t updated?

Also, what is a RPC1 modified firmware supposed to look like when working? If i go to Device Manager, and open DVD-rom and go to the “DVD Region” is it supposed to say something other than what it would typically say (example: changes remaining: 1, Current Region: 2)?

can you tell where I can get the RPC2 AutoReset patch for a BP06/BT10?

Thanks

[QUOTE=ala42;2599859]RITEKG05 have always caused problems on all kinds of burners. Burning poor disks with a write strategy made for a different disk will cause very poor results.
Why do you need 4x write speed ?
Have you tried the TN03 firmware ?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ala42;2599843]The riplock and RPC AutoReset patch work with this drive. Which functionality do you need ?[/QUOTE]

I have flashed GH22NS50 TN03 using Flasher with RPC II Auto Reset using MCSE 1.2.0.10 and the region counter does not seem to auto reset. Does 1.2.0.10 work OK with TN02 / TN03 or should I stick with patching the original TN01?

PS: I have rebooted between region changes, and have even dumped the firmware from the drive after the patching to load into MCSE to double check that RPC II Auto Reset is enabled, and it is all there.

Edit: OK, have repatched again and seems to be working second time around! :iagree:

can anyone help about a “new” (2015) notebook dvd burner? I can’t find anything about it… no rp1 no utility to patch it… no hints I can follow to make it region free or reset region using a scsi command…

Thread here: http://club.myce.com/f61/hl-dt-st-dvdram-gud0n-help-342071/

By the way… I got other dumps and they seem different… they all contain also the media infos and can be read from mediacodespeededit other than that I am clueless…

Anyone?!

[QUOTE=Zibri;2781571]can anyone help about a “new” (2015) notebook dvd burner? I can’t find anything about it… no rp1 no utility to patch it… no hints I can follow to make it region free or reset region using a scsi command…

Thread here: http://club.myce.com/f61/hl-dt-st-dvdram-gud0n-help-342071/

By the way… I got other dumps and they seem different… they all contain also the media infos and can be read from mediacodespeededit other than that I am clueless…

Anyone?![/QUOTE]

Your last dump from the linked thread is correct, but unfortunately adding the necessary header and making it flashable won’t help at all, because MCSE doesn’t support this particular drive model, and currently there is no other tool available that can RPC1 or AutoRPC2 patch the firmware for these drives.

The best you can do is to use a software tool like AnyDVD to get around regional protection.

What was the last writer from LG which was supported?

I have here some OPTODISCR004 which are not supported by newer Samsung and also not by my old Benq 1650, which confusing me. My GH22NS40 support this old media, but can´t open the FW for my GH24NSB0

Hi,

Is it possible to use this on HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GUE1N? I want to remove the RPC2.
How to dump the firmware?
I use win10 64bit btw. Thank you.

Just try it. Maybe the supported “LG GU40N” is similar to your drive?!