MediaCodeSpeedEdit support for LG DVD-Writers

vbimport

I am on Windows 7x64 and downloaded the latest stable x64 devilsclaw flasher, but it crashes on me when trying to id the drive. I also tried the x32 version and get the same result. I have a WH12LS39. Any tips for getting it to work?

[QUOTE=mitchrapp;2653178]I am on Windows 7x64 and downloaded the latest stable x64 devilsclaw flasher, but it crashes on me when trying to id the drive. [/QUOTE]

Are using the correct command line parameters? The ‘-D’ and ‘-d’ options are case sensitive and do different things … also try running Flasher with Admin privileges (Right Click … Run As Administrator).

[QUOTE=geeji;2652087]Back last December, ala42 was able to help me patch the BP06LU10 HL03 firmware with an RPC2 AutoReset patch; this was an “advanced” patch.
I have just downloaded the latest HL04 update, and the latest MCSE 1.2.0.10 version, but when I open the BP06LU10_HL04.exe file with MCSE, the drive is apparently not recognized and MCSE offers no patch options.
Is there a more advanced MSCE version which would recognize the BP06LU10 drive and patch HL04 firmware to RPC1 or RPC2 Autoreset ?
Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

Try ripping the main firmware from the HL04 exe updater, using DevilsClaw’s Flasher (-r option) and then try patching the resulting main firmware (bin file) using MCSE. You don’t need the core file. You can then flash the patched main bin file using Flasher. Shut down your machine afterwards, and you should be done.

Hey everyone … Having some ripping issues with my wh14ns40. I have only had it a few days now. Have succesfully ripped 5 of 12 BD’s. Not from lack of trying. I’m hoping some kind of custom firmware will help.

But maybe I need to RMA it back to the egg.
Thanks for all the help … I have a lot of reading to do in this thread to catch up. I will keep you guys informed as i move forward.

Thanks

What does “Having some ripping issues” really mean?

Ok … now that you asked.

I have been using DVDFab, Anydvd, WinX, XviD4PSP, BluRip, BD rebuilder ect … just to name a few. The goal is to backup to mkv files.

As stated in the previous post. I have only succesfully ripped 5 of the 12 BD’s I have tried upon receiving the LG wh14ns40.

Why … I have no idea. Any logs to check ? Not sure what to look for. Getting read errors. Just frustrated, and thought i would look to see about known issuse and a possible fix (firmware or other). as you can see, I have put a bit of $$ into several apps and not getting results. Thanks for asking.

Any/All help appreciated !

[QUOTE=chef;2654048]What does “Having some ripping issues” really mean?[/QUOTE]

Ha … I thought i was about to get some advise/help !

[B]This is no chatroom![/B]

What are the source BDs? Rented? Burnt? …?
Logs?

[QUOTE=InFeKtioN;2654627]Ha … I thought i was about to get some advise/help ![/QUOTE]

I don’t think that MCSE will be able to help with your problem. If you post your problem in the movie copy software forum, with details on which movie(s), trouble with ripping the full movie or ripping to MKV and such, you may have more luck sorting this out :). If that doesn’t help, a question in the “Results & Discussion: LG BH14NS40” thread to inquire if anyone else has noticed a problem might help.

[QUOTE=geeji;2652087]Back last December, ala42 was able to help me patch the BP06LU10 HL03 firmware with an RPC2 AutoReset patch; this was an “advanced” patch.
I have just downloaded the latest HL04 update, and the latest MCSE 1.2.0.10 version, but when I open the BP06LU10_HL04.exe file with MCSE, the drive is apparently not recognized and MCSE offers no patch options.
Is there a more advanced MSCE version which would recognize the BP06LU10 drive and patch HL04 firmware to RPC1 or RPC2 Autoreset ?
Hi geeji, did cvs’ suggestion work?

[QUOTE=cvs;2653315]Try ripping the main firmware from the HL04 exe updater, using DevilsClaw’s Flasher (-r option) and then try patching the resulting main firmware (bin file) using MCSE. You don’t need the core file. You can then flash the patched main bin file using Flasher. Shut down your machine afterwards, and you should be done.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=yossim;2657760]Hi geeji, did cvs’ suggestion work?[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I have just seen cvs suggestion which I missed 4 weeks ago.
I suppose it would have worked, except that after my initial post, ala42 PMed me the patched firmware directly, which flashed fine :):slight_smile:
But may be it is the way he obtained it ?

[QUOTE=geeji;2657807]Sorry, I have just seen cvs suggestion which I missed 4 weeks ago.
I suppose it would have worked, except that after my initial post, ala42 PMed me the patched firmware directly, which flashed fine :):slight_smile:
But may be it is the way he obtained it ?[/QUOTE]

Could you send it to me? I have the exact same model Blu Ray Player.

Hi,

My apologies if this isn’t posted in the correct place.

I have recently purchased an LG GH24NS90. I understand that this device isn’t currently on the supported list with MCSE (I’m trying to get rid of riplock), can I ask if anyone has had any success with this firmware

http://www.lge.co.kr/upload/SW_PDS/GH24NS90_IN01(kr).zip

MCSE doesn’t seem to recognise the firmware when I try and load in the .exe, have LG changed their firmware format with newer drives?

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Cheers,
TM

A drive being in the MCSE support list doesnt mean that any available firmware for that drive is also supported!!

[QUOTE=chef;2658356]A drive being in the MCSE support list doesnt mean that any available firmware for that drive is also supported!![/QUOTE]

Slow down a little, chef. You misunderstood the post. Techno_mage stated that the drive is not in the supported list. Just letting us know that MCSE did not work for it. And inquiring from ala42 or anyone else how the firmware in this newer drive is different from those on the support list. That’s all.

[QUOTE=techno_mage;2658202]Hi,

My apologies if this isn’t posted in the correct place.

I have recently purchased an LG GH24NS90. I understand that this device isn’t currently on the supported list with MCSE (I’m trying to get rid of riplock), can I ask if anyone has had any success with this firmware

http://www.lge.co.kr/upload/SW_PDS/GH24NS90_IN01(kr).zip

MCSE doesn’t seem to recognise the firmware when I try and load in the .exe, have LG changed their firmware format with newer drives?

Cheers,
TM[/QUOTE]Welcome to the forum!

You are in exactly the right place with your question. ala42 does take the time to support this tool when possible and can likely help to answer your question. Or one of our other members may have had a chance to investigate this.

[QUOTE=techno_mage;2658202]
I have recently purchased an LG GH24NS90.

Cheers,
TM[/QUOTE]

I’m afraid we have our answer. Take a peek here.

The new LG uses a Mediatek chipset, and it won’t be a simple tweak to add support for it.

Thanks for the info everyone.

I shall be more careful when buying drives in future, I had assumed the similar model number (GH24NS70) would indicate relatively little change in the firmware/chipset etc. Well you live and learn.

Question:
I have CDRW discs that are made by Infodisc… When I put them in my LG GSA-H55N, it doesn’t read them at all, but I can read them in my Plextor Premium.

Is there a way to extract a SINGLE media code with this program and add that to the LG firmware I want to hack for this drive?

If not, what’s the best way to go about doing this? Thanks.

Buy better media, easiest way.