MediaCodeSpeedEdit support for LG DVD-Writers

vbimport

[QUOTE=ala42;2616030]The BP06 is a BT10, for which I have an RPC2 AutoReset patch.[/QUOTE]

I also have BP06LU10 with firmware HL03, and I dumped the firmware with flasher, but when I open the main.bin with MCSE 1.2.0.10 , I see only the read speed and RPC1 greyed out. So what are my options of getting this drive out of RPC and Riplock? Does such firmware yet exist or is it possible with MCSE?

Check your PM.

[QUOTE=ala42;2616702]Check your PM.[/QUOTE]

Very nice, thank you. I have also an internal BT10N at home, with original FW (can’t check since i’ll be home only after this week) Do you have anything similar to BT10N, or does MCSE work directly with fw dumped from that?

The current release does not support the BT10, yet. Send me your firmware dump.

Can you please add official support for the WH12LS39?

I have posted my firmware dump here.

Anyways, it looks like I can still apply the rip lock override even without it. Can you confirm it should work? Thanks for this wonderful tool!

Please also post the core file.

Core firmware for WH12LS39 posted here.

Main firmware for WH12LS39 posted here.

Please let me know if the read speed increase should work with the present tool. Thanks!

The patches should work as usual with your Wh12LS39 firmware. The patch is smart and offers the checkboxes only if the patch locations are found.
The core part is identical with the BH12LS35/38 core, btw…

I have a WH12LS30 drive and I am getting errors when my kid is trying to watch Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 on Blu-Ray. The drive has automatically updated to 1.01, is there anything else that i can try to make it work. The disc looks clean and this is actually the second disc I have tried (through Blockbuster). Would the MCSE tool improve my drive’s reading ability? I am not sure what to try at this point. It doesn’t look like there is any other firmware available for it.

MCSE can not help you on bluray playback problems.

Thank you Ala42 for the quick reply. I didn’t think it would but I thought that I would ask just to be sure.

A standalone BD player might be useful in this case. :wink:

Hi ala42!

Will MCSE be updated to include the GH24LS50? I tried to open the YP02 firmware (GH24LS50_YP02.exe) but got the message that it is not yet available for this model. As this is a rather old model now, I’m rather surprised. I’ve been having CONSIDERABLE trouble with burners and a specific media code (MBIPG101 R10-065) - even burned like the HP 1260i(t) that supposedly support it are blowing out coasters. The only burner I have found so far, that consistently burns it successfully is the HP 1270i(t) - and mine just died (sending it in on an RMA).

Thanks!

Displaying and modifying the media codes is not supported as the media table is stored compressed inside the firmware binary and I did not want to kill the drives by a possibly bad recompression. Read speed and RCP2 patches are supported.

Hi ala42!

I don’t quite understand that, since the program reads from the file, not the drive itself. One can easily make a copy of the file (and if one is advanced enough to go about messing with firmware then it is assumed that one is smart enough to be able to create a copy).

Jeez, don’t you think the firmwares are protected to prevent kiddie hacking?

[QUOTE=chef;2618546]Jeez, don’t you think the firmwares are protected to prevent kiddie hacking?[/QUOTE]
No, not really :). The compression stuff is just a feature of the firmware developement system to reduce the firmware footprint to be stored in the flash rom, it is not added to prevent patching. It just compresses the initial data values at startup stored in the RAM for the drive controller.

[QUOTE=DeathStalker77;2618517]Hi ala42!

I don’t quite understand that, since the program reads from the file, not the drive itself. One can easily make a copy of the file (and if one is advanced enough to go about messing with firmware then it is assumed that one is smart enough to be able to create a copy).[/QUOTE]
This is just a matter of the effort to be invested. I took the simple version, just allowing read speed and RPC patches on partly compressed firmwares. This is safe and what most users need.
Modifying BD media codes has a too high risk of bad burns, modifying DVD media codes does not make much sense anymore. Recompressing such changes has a high risk of killing the drive.
I could spend some time on a mode that displays the media code, does not allow media code changes and still allows to apply read speed and RCP patches, but this was just wasted time.

Hi ala42!

I think there is a small misunderstanding. I’m not looking to actually change the media code, but would like to be able to view them - which ones the firmware contains.

Does that make any difference?

Thanks!

No, as I wrote in the last sentence of my previous post.