MediaCodeSpeedEdit support for LG DVD-Writers

vbimport

Is there a specific place or procedure to do that ?
Do I use MCSE to dump it ?
Sorry if the answer is already there, but I am not too familiar with those procedures, especially since I use a Mac (but I can boot Windows).

[QUOTE=geeji;2610054]Is there a specific place or procedure to do that ?
Do I use MCSE to dump it ?
Sorry if the answer is already there, but I am not too familiar with those procedures, especially since I use a Mac (but I can boot Windows).[/QUOTE]

Use DevilsClaw’s Flasher (http://forum.rpc1.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=46137) to dump your firmware and post a copy here.

I was hoping that you could help mewith a problem I am having. I picked up a couple of BH12LS38 drives. I used flasher to pull the firmware from one of them, then I used the latest version of MediaCodeSpeedEdit to try to patch the firmware. I then used flasher to put the patched firmware onb the drive. What I didn’t realize at the time is that MediaCodeSpeedEdit is seeing the firmware as being BH12NS35. One of my drives is now being recognized in the BIOS and in Windows but is unusable. I tried dumping the firmware from the other idenitcal drive and flashing that to the problem drive with the same results. I am unsure what if any other steps I can try to get this drive working again.

[QUOTE=XxFaQxX;2613107]What I didn’t realize at the time is that MediaCodeSpeedEdit is seeing the firmware as being BH12NS35.[/QUOTE]

That’s perfectly normal!

[QUOTE=XxFaQxX;2613107]One of my drives is now being recognized in the BIOS and in Windows but is unusable. I tried dumping the firmware from the other idenitcal drive and flashing that to the problem drive with the same results. I am unsure what if any other steps I can try to get this drive working again.[/QUOTE]

Is your drive’s LED blinking all the time and the drive refuses to read any discs? If not, then what’s the actual problem you’re having?

Have you done a complete system shut down (which will actually cut off the power to the drive)? Having the power completely cut off from the optical drive is a necessary step for LG drives, and not all systems/mobos do that when you do a simple restart … try a full shut down and let us know if that cures the issue or not …

The problem that I was having was that the drive appeared to be dead. It showed up in Windows as a CD ROM drive but it wouldn’t read and the eject button didn;t even work. It appears as though a full shut down was the missing link. I had done several restarts but not a full shutdown. I have since re-flashed the drive with the modified firmware, done a shutdown and I am testing the change in read speed on the drive now but so far it looks much better. Assuming all goes well with this I plan on flashing the other drive in a couple of days. Thanks for all of the help.

[QUOTE=XxFaQxX;2613160]The problem that I was having was that the drive appeared to be dead. It showed up in Windows as a CD ROM drive but it wouldn’t read and the eject button didn;t even work. It appears as though a full shut down was the missing link. I had done several restarts but not a full shutdown. I have since re-flashed the drive with the modified firmware, done a shutdown and I am testing the change in read speed on the drive now but so far it looks much better. Assuming all goes well with this I plan on flashing the other drive in a couple of days. Thanks for all of the help.[/QUOTE]

That’s great! Could you post a copy of your original firmware dump for us please?

Thanks!

I was trying to but I can’t get it compressed enough for this forum to take it.

[QUOTE=XxFaQxX;2613380]I was trying to but I can’t get it compressed enough for this forum to take it.[/QUOTE]

Just upload it to a free host such as mediafire.com and then post the link in here. That should do the trick! Thanks!

Ok, here you go. This is the unmodified firmware for the BH12LS38.
BH12LS38 Firmware

Today I used the speed patch of MSCE 1.2.0.10 for the drive LG GSA-H10N with FW JL12. Since I got mixed results I crossflashed the drive to LG GSA-H10A with FW JL05.
Here is the summary of the speeds:

DVD-ROMs of Type DVD-Video with CSS:

FW; DVD-ROM; DVR-ROM OTP; DVR-ROM PTP

JL12 ; 2-5 ; 2-5 ; 2-5
JL12 inc ; 7-16 ; 5-12 ; 5-12
JL12 dec ; 7-16 ; 5-12 ; 5-12

JL05 ; 2-5 ; 2-5 ; 2-5
JL05 inc ; 7-16 ; 5-12 ; 2-5
JL05 dec ; 7-16 ; 5-12 ; 2-5

For me it looks like that the internal data table for the LG GSA-H1x drives is mixed up. Please Ala can you have a look at it? Thanks.

Here is the dump of the original HL03 firmware for the LG BD external USB burner BP06LU10.
In the hope that ala42 can support it in MCSE and make it RPC1.
Thanks in advance (hopefully… :slight_smile:

BP06LU10 HL03 core firmware
BP06LU10 HL03 main firmware

The BP06 is a BT10, for which I have an RPC2 AutoReset patch.

[QUOTE=HM01;2615993]Today I used the speed patch of MSCE 1.2.0.10 for the drive LG GSA-H10N with FW JL12. Since I got mixed results I crossflashed the drive to LG GSA-H10A with FW JL05.
For me it looks like that the internal data table for the LG GSA-H1x drives is mixed up.[/QUOTE]
Stay with the H10N JL12 firmware. The H10A was a kinf of a prerelease of the H10N, so the firmware is older.

[QUOTE=ala42;2616030]The BP06 is a BT10, for which I have an RPC2 AutoReset patch.[/QUOTE]
Thanks a lot ala42, that was incredibly quick :D.
I checked that the RPC2 AutoReset patch works :D:D.
Not checked yet the ReadSpeed patch, because I am not too sure how to proceed : rip some DVD ? but I have not taken a timing BEFORE this patch, so…

[QUOTE=XxFaQxX;2613160]The problem that I was having was that the drive appeared to be dead. It showed up in Windows as a CD ROM drive but it wouldn’t read and the eject button didn;t even work. It appears as though a full shut down was the missing link. I had done several restarts but not a full shutdown. I have since re-flashed the drive with the modified firmware, done a shutdown and I am testing the change in read speed on the drive now but so far it looks much better. Assuming all goes well with this I plan on flashing the other drive in a couple of days. Thanks for all of the help.[/QUOTE]
What read speed did you end up getting with riplock removed on this drive? I see the wh12ls38 on newegg and I will be using it for ripping blurays. I assume I can use the bh12ls38 firmware for that drive.

[QUOTE=ala42;2616033]Stay with the H10N JL12 firmware. The H10A was a kinf of a prerelease of the H10N, so the firmware is older.[/QUOTE]

That´s not a problem but JL12 unfortunately is mixed up too:

1. Not always max. speed when speed increased patched and
  2. also not slow (quiet) when speed decreased patched. I thought it should be 2x then?

LG CH12LS28 1.00 firmware dump

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QADHJMGZ

please please riplock patch :smiley:

While this CH12LS28 firmware is about three month newer than the latest firmware I had before, the riplock patch of the current MCSE release should work fine.

[QUOTE=ala42;2616177]While this CH12LS28 firmware is about three month newer than the latest firmware I had before, the riplock patch of the current MCSE release should work fine.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the reply. I have flashed with the Read speed patch and am in the process of running some tests.

I had come to a realisation moments before reading your reply that MCSE works for BDDVDRW CH10NS20 1.00 since 1.2.0.6 :doh:

Is it correct that bitsetting isn’t possible with the LG BH12LS38?