MediaCodeSpeedEdit support for LG DVD-Writers

vbimport

I´ve sent you a PM with the firmwares
Thanks-a-lot
HFW

Great! Thank you! :flower: Here’s a link to the CT10N A104 firmware: http://ftp.us.dell.com/rmsd/HLDS-CT10N-A104.zip

H
how boaring, have this one already :slight_smile:

Sorry:o

Ok so the latest release of MCSE supports the BH12LS38 but where can I get the firmware?

[QUOTE=PMuus;2606723]Ok so the latest release of MCSE supports the BH12LS38 but where can I get the firmware?[/QUOTE]

1. buy one and dump it from the Drive.
  2. wait for official release.

Thanks for the reply 2601. I have the drive and I tried flasher to get the firmware off of it but it failed. Is there another utility capable of dumping the firmware off the drive?

No, I only guess the flasher can do everything on LG renesas chip Drives but it fails.

[QUOTE=PMuus;2606757]Thanks for the reply 2601. I have the drive and I tried flasher to get the firmware off of it but it failed. Is there another utility capable of dumping the firmware off the drive?[/QUOTE]

Hmm … flasher should work OK on this family of drives … Are you sure you’re using the correct parameters?

First you should run this command (the parameters are case sensitive so don’t mix capitals with lower case letters!):

flasher -D

This will tell you your drive ID. Let’s say that the returned drive ID is 1.

Then run the following commands one by one:

flasher -d 1 -m main_firmware.bin
flasher -d 1 -c core_firmware.bin

If your drive ID is different than 1, then replace the 1 above with the correct number.

If you still get an error, let us know exactly what it is.

@PMuus

I confirm you are doing right on dumping firmware but just LG makes a trick with the flasher.

hey guys, I have a gsa-H40N cd/dvd burner and its firmware is lasted dated in 2001. There are no updates for this burner, but someone said I can use a close version like the 42 or 44 to update my drive using MCE. How would I go about doing so? I have downloaded the H44N firmware but no idea what to do from there. I want to update because my drive has been failing to burn recently and wonder if this would be a good fix instead of buying a new one.

where do i get the firmware for lg bh12ls38

[QUOTE=cvs;2606828]Hmm … flasher should work OK on this family of drives … Are you sure you’re using the correct parameters?

First you should run this command (the parameters are case sensitive so don’t mix capitals with lower case letters!):

flasher -D

This will tell you your drive ID. Let’s say that the returned drive ID is 1.

Then run the following commands one by one:

flasher -d 1 -m main_firmware.bin
flasher -d 1 -c core_firmware.bin

If your drive ID is different than 1, then replace the 1 above with the correct number.

If you still get an error, let us know exactly what it is.[/QUOTE]

Ok so I ran the flasher utility and this time I noted the error. First thing I get is a windows popup “Windows - Drive Not Ready” “Eception Processing Message c00000a3 Parameters 75b6bf7c…” with options Cancel, Try Again and Continue. I think last time I hit Cancel. This time I hit Continue. In my DOS box I get “drive_inquiry: failed to inquiry drive info” I do get the drive ID (1) and when I do the dump command I get the same errors but the dump seems to continue correctly. The core is 17KB and the main is 1,921KB. Does that make sense?

[QUOTE=PMuus;2607429]Ok so I ran the flasher utility and this time I noted the error. First thing I get is a windows popup “Windows - Drive Not Ready” “Eception Processing Message c00000a3 Parameters 75b6bf7c…” with options Cancel, Try Again and Continue. I think last time I hit Cancel. This time I hit Continue. In my DOS box I get “drive_inquiry: failed to inquiry drive info” I do get the drive ID (1) and when I do the dump command I get the same errors but the dump seems to continue correctly. The core is 17KB and the main is 1,921KB. Does that make sense?[/QUOTE]

I don’t know why you get that Windows error, but the file sizes you’re getting are correct. The drive_inquiry message is also normal. The only thing left to assess is if the files contain the right data or perhaps just random rubbish.

If you load the firmware to a free host and PM me the link I’ll have a look at the file with a hex editor to see what data has been dumped.

By the way, are you using the proper version of flasher for your OS? (the x64 version if your Windows is a 64 bit one or the x32 version for a 32 bit version of Windows).

[QUOTE=sneeze;2607285]hey guys, I have a gsa-H40N cd/dvd burner and its firmware is lasted dated in 2001. There are no updates for this burner, but someone said I can use a close version like the 42 or 44 to update my drive using MCE. How would I go about doing so? I have downloaded the H44N firmware but no idea what to do from there. I want to update because my drive has been failing to burn recently and wonder if this would be a good fix instead of buying a new one.[/QUOTE]

The newest firmware for your drive is the GSA-H44N RB02 one.

Load the file in MCSE, select GSA-H40N as your current drive in the crossflash box, apply the patches you want by ticking the appropriate boxes under “Drive Settings” and then press Save. That will create a crossflash ready ‘speedpatched’ file. Use that file to flash your drive and then shut down your computer (do a full shutdown rather than a simple restart!).

That’s it. Next time you start your machine you’ll have a GSA-H44N drive …

where do i get the firmware for lg bh12ls38

[QUOTE=cerunnos;2607703]where do i get the firmware for lg bh12ls38[/QUOTE]
It is not available.

Hi, i just wana know about the BH10LS30, do you work on this drive for the media code list?
By the way, the Riplock patch is already working great for firmware 1.00 and 1.01, tested and approved for DVD and BD-R.
Someone tested this drive with BD-R DL at 6X write speed, what’s the write time for let’s say a 45GB burn?
Regards,

Any chance of support of LG BP06LU10 by MCSE ?
Would greatly appreciate a region free version… :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=geeji;2610041]Any chance of support of LG BP06LU10 by MCSE ?
Would greatly appreciate a region free version… :)[/QUOTE]
Post the firmware.