MediaCodeSpeedEdit support for Benq/Philips DVD-Writers

vbimport

The -R media code table is a bit strange. My test media was TYG01, listed in cdspeed as 4x. When changing the next higher speed id byte obviously used for 8x burning, the speed changed from 4x to 2.4x-8x, which does not really make any sense.

Thank you ala42 for your answer! I will try this out and see what happens…
Also thank you for developing this Speed Patch Tool and including the Benq drive… :slight_smile:

I am assuming that there is no limitation on falshing the drive ie… re-flashing with the same flash over and over again trying new strats ??

Just FMI… After I have flashed to B7t9 can I go back to an official firmware ie… B7P9 from Benq or no ???

At least my 50-100 flashes were done without any problem :). As long as you use .cvt files you can change to any compatible fimrware.

If only us antique 1610 using users would get some of these goodies :wink:

Great work on the tool.

At least my 50-100 flashes were done without any problem . As long as you use .cvt files you can change to any compatible fimrware.

Thank you ala42… GREAT WORK :iagree: :iagree:

Do you volunteer to try a prepatched, untested firmware with some media code changes on your drive which has the risk to kill your drive ?

Do you volunteer to try a prepatched, untested firmware with some media code changes on your drive which has the risk to kill your drive ?

Yes i do volunteer :slight_smile:

On “Save Firmware”, a “over-write” warning (window) is missing.
Not that a big deal, but it should still be there.

@ala42, a while ago, I did my BenQ/Philips firmware flash no.104… :cool:

I have solved my problem!!! (from here: http://forum.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=124556 ) :slight_smile:

Thanks to Ala42!!! :wink:

@sas-seb: Post your strategy change results here, so other user can benefit from your tries.
@Pinto2: Check post #32,34 :).

With my POMS3A (3A MEDIA) DVD+R, which brand DVD+R model can I choose (for replacing) in the B7T9 firmware codeedit?

I have seen somes persons choosing RICOHJPN01 for RICOHJPN02, etc…
But can I choose POMS3A for RICOHJPN01 (or another brand) for example? :sad:

well any scans after using this tool?

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?p=852814#post852814

yea i just saw it :o

Should the cvt be different every time you save a file?

I was just looking at something. If I change SONY D11 in the original cvt(cvt#1) to SONYX D11 and save it to another file name(cvt#2). Then I open cvt#2 and change SONYX D11 back to SONY D11. When compared, the cvt#1(original) and cvt#2 have a lot of differences. Is that how it should be? Is the cvt complied on every save? I guess that would explain the differences.

When loading the B7T9 firmware the first time it is modified to be patch friendly, to the first saved version will differ from the original even without applying manual changes. All further changes use this static firmware. The firmware is stored in a compressed format, so even a minor change will completly change the part behind the small modification.

I have here some really cheap 4x-r media without media ID. Is it possible to change the strategy so I can burn them at 2.4x?

Yes, that is possible. Map it to a 8x media code, they seam to support 2.4x writing, e.g. RITEKG05. For a blank media code, use the import button after selecting the media code you want to replace and follow the instructions.
The blank media code will probably confuse my table scanner after it is inserted, but do not worry if the media code table looks shorter after the change, when you comitted the replace, it will be in the firmware.

Thanks! I’ll give it a try later

If I well understood, I can replace my Plasmon (with Media ID = 001) with TDK (with MID = 001) too? Exact?
Plasmon 001 and TDK 001 use the same strategy burning, right?

Ala42 - when do u want to realese next version with “copy strategies”? Now, when i change (for example) ProdiscR03 to MPOMEDIA040, i lose support to ProdiscR03 discs:(
Any chance for fast realese?