Media to use for home DVD

Do I use + or - to burn a DVD to use on home Pioneer DVD player please?

I have Liteon 411S with FS0B update.

u use whatever format ur dvd player supports. check DVDRhelp for compatibility listings.

You gotta try it and see. 99% of the DVD players will read some kind of recordable DVD, but not nessarily all DVD- or DVD+ will work.
Suggest starting with Fuji brand if you can get them. and burn at the lowest available speed to start. See the media test forum and pick those types that are producing the best scans (lowest errors) on the 411.

I use datasafe Ritek G04 DVD-R 4x with new FS0B and Nero 6 or clonedvd. Recordnow Max gives bad results but this might be due to the fact that the 411S is not yet in the list of compatible drives.

I’m testing the disc on about 60 stand alone players. A will post a list of working stand alone players later.
Until now only one stand alone did not work very good (The Panasonic RV-32), long loading time, short freezes and blocking.
But this standalone is known for it’s bad DVD-R playback so it’s not a media issue.

Will post a list of good working players on this forum later this day.

Greetz

Originally posted by HmRoiD_X
[B]I use datasafe Ritek G04 DVD-R 4x with new FS0B and Nero 6 or clonedvd. Recordnow Max gives bad results but this might be due to the fact that the 411S is not yet in the list of compatible drives.

I’m testing the disc on about 60 stand alone players. A will post a list of working stand alone players later.
Until now only one stand alone did not work very good (The Panasonic RV-32), long loading time, short freezes and blocking.
But this standalone is known for it’s bad DVD-R playback so it’s not a media issue.

Will post a list of good working players on this forum later this day.

Greetz [/B]

Will you be testing on SCAN SC-2500 DVD player?