Media Testing Utilities that Work with LG Drives?

vbimport

Are there any Media Testing utilities similar to Nero CD/DVD Speed (Disc Quality Scan) & K-Probe that work with LG Drives?

I have checked the compatibility for Nero CD/DVD Speed and unfortunately LG drives are not listed as compatible. Also, K-Probe seems to be designed specifically for Lite-On drives … so are LG users left in the cold? :sad:

CD/DVD speed should work.You can download a free version from www.cdspeed2000.com and try.

>CD/DVD speed should work.
Only the speedtest there will work.

It’s not a problem of cdspeed. it’s a problem of the lg drives.
cdspeed3, kprobe2, dvdinfopro3 -> they are all only reading out the date that the drives give them.
The LGs simply don’t. Ask lg to implement this feature.
Benq did that too. First it was not supported, now it is.

Using a LG4040b with Nero Speed, the Transfer Rate test works fine, and so do most of the others that concern me.

Before a firmware update I was getting this result with RitekG04’s and problems in one of my my standalones. Nero’s DAE audio quailty test also showed poorly (a ‘6’).

Now with the latest firmware I get this reading and the discs work fine in my 2 standalones and a friend’s. Plus the DAE test now reads a ‘10’.

DVDInfo Pro has similiar tests, maybe that would work for you.

http://www.dvdinfopro.com/

Thanks for the replies everyone.

CD/DVD Speed performed the basic tests that I needed, but I should have been more specific in my first post as I was looking for a utility that could scan for PI/PO errors.

I tried to use the Disc Quality test with CD/DVD Speed, but after spinning up the drive, an error message reports stating that the drive does not support the disc quality test, or there is an error initializing test.

DVDInfoPro worked as well, doing a lot of reading tests.

What I’m looking for specifically is tests for disc quality, reading PI/PO errors similar to that of KProbe.

KProbe obviously does not work with LG drives, so that’s not an option.

Are we LG users left in the cold for PI/PO error testing and disc quality tests?

>CD/DVD speed should work.
Only the speedtest there will work.

It’s not a problem of cdspeed. it’s a problem of the lg drives.
cdspeed3, kprobe2, dvdinfopro3 -> they are all only reading out the date that the drives give them.
The LGs simply don’t. Ask lg to implement this feature.
Benq did that too. First it was not supported, now it is.