Media Server type question (Keeping Wife Happy)

vbimport

Greetings all - Long time searcher - first time poster…

After searching this and many other forums - I still cannot find an answer.

Background: I have set up a generic Media Server (Not MCE2005) here at our house to store our photos, CD’s, and now looking into DVD’s. PLEASE keep in mind that the usage MUST be easy for the wife to use.

I have downloaded numerous packages listed in all of the forums (liking DVDShrink alot) and tried several attempts.

The goal is to have a list of DVD’s - similiar to that of our Music Playlists - that my wife can just double click on a title and launch the movie at her PC.

It seems I can open the DVD, once it has been ripped to the HDD, material through PowerDVD, etc. manually - This is not good for her. Again - Think ‘Playlists’

I am having a very hard time trying to rename the IFO or VOB files (yes - you may read into this statement that I am a newbie - and a Grandpa - Please be gentle) to reflect the actual movie title.

I am at a complete loss - Please help

Thank You in advance…

Stephen

you can separate each of the dvds into their own folder while keeping all of the folders in a single “master folder” which would look something like this:

\Master Folder\MovieName 1\vobs,etc
\Master Folder\MovieName 2\vobs,etc
…etc

that way, your wife can just browse through the master folder with powerdvd and open up whichever dvd she wants. if that’s still too complicated for her, you can try looking into ratDVD (we have a subforum) which compresses a dvd into a single file while maintaining everything that makes a dvd nice (like menus, chapters, etc). then you can place every ratDVD file into a single folder and play those instead.

Make ISOs of your movies, and mount them all in virtual drives via daemon tools.

EDIT:
Just noticed daemon has 4 drives. In that case, teach her to right-click daemon, and mount the ISO, which can all be in 1 folder, named appropriately.

that way, your wife can just browse through the adept binder with powerdvd and accessible up whichever dvd she wants. if that’s still too complicated for her, you can try searching into ratDVD (we accept a subforum) which compresses a dvd into a individual book while advancement aggregate that makes a dvd nice (like menus, chapters, etc). again you can abode every ratDVD book into a individual binder and play those instead.

Install XBMC and rip to ISO which will be mounted automatically so starting a movie is just one click.