Media Read Error on DVD Region+CSS Free

I Just purchased a new Toshiba laptop with a Matshita DVD Drive. I got DVD Region+CSS Free and when I try to play it in Windows Media Player or WinDVD it says Media Read Error, basically that it can’t play anything but Region 1 DVDs. I’ve tried everything and nothing works. Is this softwars not compatible with Matshita Drives? If not, is there anything out there that is? Anybody else have similar problems?

I’ve never used DVD Region+CSS Free, but on Fengtao’s website under product description it states:

“NOTE: DVD-RAM, Matshita XX-8xxx, SW-9xxx series DVD drives, and Torisan DRD-Uxxx series DVD drives are not supported now, and there is no plan to support them.”

Here’s the link:

http://www.dvdidle.com/dvd-region-free.htm

I’ve only heard of problems with Matshita drives…I have never heard of Torisan.

Good luck.

The exact same thing has happened to me…I just got a new Toshiba laptop as well. DVD-Region Free Lite worked on my old Toshiba, but won’t on this one because of the incompatibility. I just found that out today. :sad:

If I had known of this sooner, I would have done research before buying a new computer.

[QUOTE=DigitalRevolution]The exact same thing has happened to me…I just got a new Toshiba laptop as well. DVD-Region Free Lite worked on my old Toshiba, but won’t on this one because of the incompatibility. I just found that out today…[QUOTE]

I bought an IBM laptop with a Matshita DVD-RW Drive. the same thing has happened to me. when i play DVD, it always says “Media Read Error”. sigh! a perfect laptop, a worst DVD Drive!!!

I HAD the same error on my new Tosshiba laptop and I got rid of it when I started using MediaCenter that was pre-installed on my laptop.

The error occurred only when I tried playing the DVD with InterVideo-WinDVD player, which sucks big-time.

I hope you find this useful.

gl hf!