Media player which has power to play 1920x1080 @ 60p videos?

vbimport

Hello, :bigsmile:

Has anyone heard from any of the various multimedia sites if a company such as Asus or Western Digital or other is planning on introducing a powerful media player which can handle mpeg-4 and m2ts files of videos from cameras such as the Sony CyberShot HX100V (which I own) or the 200V or the Panasonic FZ150, both of which can produce such videos at a very high bit-rate (around 25-28Mbps)? :confused:

Right now, the only way I can play the movies I produce using Sony Vegas Movie Studio, using M2TS files as the source videos, then adding a voice (narration) track plus a music track, and which are MP4 format in 1920x1080p60 (60 fps progressive) is by connecting my laptop to my HD TV. :sad:

By the way, streaming does NOT work from my desktop PC, because the TV is not DLNA and other devices like my XBOX360 or Sony BDP-S580 blu-ray player cannot handle this. After about 60 seconds of play via streaming using Windows Media Center, the video starts pausing and freezing. :eek: And chances are that even if the TV was DLNA (capable of receiving a wireless connection video stream from my PC), it would also fail since it would need a powerful CPU in the TVs DLNA server component to play such large files or videos with lots of information in them.

Just wondering… These cameras which can do 60p video at full hd are starting to become more and more common so I figured a company would start introducing ways to play them properly. :iagree:

John

…(capable of receiving a wireless connection video stream from my PC)

Wireless and HD are a for sure fail. Have you tried a wired connection?

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2631477]Wireless and HD are a for sure fail. Have you tried a wired connection?[/QUOTE]

Thank-you for replying. :slight_smile:

No the only “wired” connection was my laptop playing the same video file with a VGA and audio mini jack connected to my TV. I have returned that router since it was not practical to move it neither. The cable TV wire and cable modem are in the room with the computers and not in the living room, hence making a wired connection quite impossible.

HTPC, or something similar, so you can copy/synch files to the HTPC in non-realtime, and then play them local to the TV.

Lots of manufacturers make small standalone devices which can have their own HDD, and work as a NAS.

Astone AP-360, 380, 400 or Zintech ZP-600T are a few off the top of my head … they take a 3.5" sata HDD, have a few USB ports, have a USB-B style port for mounting as an external HDD, and can play most of the 1080p high bitrate stuff that I throw at them (bluray iso’s) across a wired network. From the local HDD is a definite.

Most wireless connections are NOT stable enough, or possibly fast enough, to play 1080p from another wireless device. I used to be able to stream low bitrate 1080p content from a wired source, across a dedicated 802.11g bridge … but as I said … dedicated … and those were great little A/P’s … I have trouble streaming 1080p across the same manufacturers 802.11n - 300Mb/s A/P’s. Go figure.

[QUOTE=DVDS35DL;2631478]Thank-you for replying. :slight_smile:

No the only “wired” connection was my laptop playing the same video file with a VGA and audio mini jack connected to my TV. I have returned that router since it was not practical to move it neither. The cable TV wire and cable modem are in the room with the computers and not in the living room, hence making a wired connection quite impossible.[/QUOTE]
Not really. You can use a 200mps powerline/Homeplug AV2 adaptors.

You can either make a 1920x1080x60p BD using multiAVCHD, or copy the m2ts files to a BD-R.

The Sony BDP-S580 should play it.