Media Player stops when CD burn finishes

vbimport

Running Windows 7 on a Toshiba Satellite laptop.

When burning a data DVD using Toshiba Disc Creator, if also playing something (e.g. a movie) then Media Player stops when the burn finishes and the DVD is ejected.

A very strange problem.

Does anyone have any idea what may be causing this?

No, haven’t a clue. Do you have the disc creator program set to shut itself down after a successful burn?

Try different software combinations and see if you get the same sort of behavior. VLC media player instead of the built in Windows Media Player for example, or ImgBurn as the burning program.

I agree that you should try a different program. Many burning programs will eject almost immediately after the burn is completed. You can find a very good FREE one at Koyotesoft’s website. Keep in mind that Toshiba does not have its own software-they integrate other products, including using the Windows media player. VLC and several others are as good or better than WMP for most tasks.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2570793]No, haven’t a clue. Do you have the disc creator program set to shut itself down after a successful burn?

Try different software combinations and see if you get the same sort of behavior. VLC media player instead of the built in Windows Media Player for example, or ImgBurn as the burning program.[/QUOTE]

No, the Disc Creator waits to see if another burn copy is wanted. No problems with VLC, it is just with WMP.

I tried ImgBurn but had problems so want to stick with this one as it works OK.

I am wondering if it is something to do with WMP monitoring for new files or devices, but it is set not to check.

[QUOTE=jc836;2570825]I agree that you should try a different program. Many burning programs will eject almost immediately after the burn is completed. You can find a very good FREE one at Koyotesoft’s website. Keep in mind that Toshiba does not have its own software-they integrate other products, including using the Windows media player. VLC and several others are as good or better than WMP for most tasks.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, but both Disc Creator and WMP are fine and I would prefer not to have to install additional programmes and clutter up the system/registry.

I really want to find what is causing the conflict and try to fix it.

The only thing I can think of at this point is to uninstall, then reinstall the Disc Creator software and see if that helps. Long shot.

Try this open your Control Panel.
Then Auto Play. Make note of your settings.
Then set everything to “take no action”.
If i doesn’t help then return the setting to what they were or what you want them.
I know Windows 7 shouldn’t require a reboot for this but it never hurts.
You might have a look at this link:
http://www.techtalkz.com/windows-7/516004-how-configure-autoplay-settings-windows-7-a.html

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2571288]The only thing I can think of at this point is to uninstall, then reinstall the Disc Creator software and see if that helps. Long shot.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the suggestion, but I already tried this.

[QUOTE=cholla;2571292]Try this open your Control Panel.
Then Auto Play. Make note of your settings.
Then set everything to “take no action”.
If i doesn’t help then return the setting to what they were or what you want them.
I know Windows 7 shouldn’t require a reboot for this but it never hurts.
You might have a look at this link:
http://www.techtalkz.com/windows-7/516004-how-configure-autoplay-settings-windows-7-a.html[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the suggestions. I tried this but it did not help.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2570793]No, haven’t a clue. Do you have the disc creator program set to shut itself down after a successful burn?

Try different software combinations and see if you get the same sort of behavior. VLC media player instead of the built in Windows Media Player for example, or ImgBurn as the burning program.[/QUOTE]

Disc Creator does not shut down, but waits to see if another copy is required. Have tested with VLC and no problems.