Media Player Classic software updated again to v6.4.7.8

I just posted the article Media Player Classic software updated again to v6.4.7.8.

Thanks to belldah we know that the freeware Media Player Classic software has been updated again. Media Player Classic is a standalone player that can handle a lot of media types,…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/7774-Media-Player-Classic-software-updated-again-to-v6_4_7_8.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/7774-Media-Player-Classic-software-updated-again-to-v6_4_7_8.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

I’m sick of seeing MPC updates on this news page, a movie player barely relates to CD/DVD burning news and it’s getting updated a bit too often to be news worthy.
[edited by Rhelic on 17.02.2004 16:14]

[edited by Rhelic on 17.02.2004 16:13]

Perhaps CDFreaks should consider some sort of software updates links akin to CDR-Info.com? This seems to work quite well and stops the regularly updated software from clogging the news section, packages like…Media Player Classic, Easy CD-DA Extractor, DVDShrink and so on…

CD Freaks doesn’t only report about news related to CD and DVD recording. We also report about legal issues, P2P, audio software (like Winamp), etc. MPC is a great player and it can play DVD movies and audio files. Therefore I think a lot of people are interested in reading about updates for this player. You are very right when you say the software is updated often but I don’t see that as a reason not to report about it. Are there more people who feel the same as Rhelic?

You can eliminate news from the software category in your preferences. fixed your link
[edited by G@M3FR3@K on 17.02.2004 18:29]

And it still does not save the last aspect ratio used even though I have requested it SEVERAL times in the doom9 release thread. Pissing me off. It’s the only reason I do not use it. At least Zoom Player saves the ratio last used when you exit.

I don’t feel like Rhelic. He’s just a weiner. Look, now he’s saying you are reporting too much about software upgrade, so if you say less, he will complain about missed update about stuff and stuff. It’s not your fault if media player classic release update often, they found new bug and fix it right away, so why you complain? It’s now like M$ that took 6 months to fix a very huge exploit in windows even when it was very easy to fix…

I don’t feel like Rhelic. He’s just a weiner. Look, now he’s saying you are reporting too much about software upgrade, so if you say less, he will complain about missed update about stuff and stuff. It’s not your fault if media player classic release update often, they found new bug and fix it right away, so why you complain? It’s now like M$ that took 6 months to fix a very huge exploit in windows even when it was very easy to fix…

I prefer to have these updates here, as they are now, no changes needed IMHO.