Media help

Hi everyone i have an avi file with the following info. Could anyone please tell me whether it would be best if i were to convert this into a cd or svcd or dvd for the best possible quality?

video codec div3
size 701 mb
bitrate 706kb/s
fps 25.00]
Qf 0.212 bits/pixel

Audio codec 0x0055(MP3) ID’d as MPEG-1 Lay
Audio bitrate 128 kb/s (64/ch, stereo) CBR
FS 48000 Hz

Image:
width 416 pixels
height 320 pixels

Audio:
Duration 01:56:23
bitrate 127 kbps
format mpeg layer 3

Video:
Frame rate 25 frames/sec
data rate 102kbps
video sample size 24 bit

Thanks

Is this 1 or 2 avi’s? You quote

size 701 mb
bitrate 706kb/s
fps 25.00

then

Frame rate 25 frames/sec
data rate 102kbps

Converting to DVDR will not loose any quality at all for most DivX avi’s, converting to SVCD may or may not loose some and they will almost always loose quailty going to VCD.

An almost 2 hr movie for a 701 mB file is not excellent quality to start with though.

thanks chicken man. Its a single avi file. I know its not the best possible quality. I posted the info from gspot and windows properties. What do you suggest? if i went for dvdr woilud it like just be a waste?

A 3 CD SVCD would be about right, but then again a 1 DVDR is actually cheaper for the media with no disk swapping needed and beter playback compatability. So just go for a DVDR.

You might notice a higher quality decision on DVDs due to major upsize campared to SVCD though.
//Danne

DVDR it is, thanks to both of you. The reason i asked this was because your conversion guides state that if the data rate is less than 110 ( in this case 102) and width less than 480 pixel ( in this case 416 pixel) its not worth converting to dvd or svcd. Had me a bit confused.

Originally posted by jonholmes
DVDR it is, thanks to both of you. The reason i asked this was because your conversion guides state that if the data rate is less than 110 ( in this case 102) and width less than 480 pixel ( in this case 416 pixel) its not worth converting to dvd or svcd. Had me a bit confused.

Maybe I should re-word that bit as thats just my personal opinion. The results will NOT be normal DVD quality thats all. You can convert anything you like really, but some people expect the quality to be “top notch” being on a DVDR, thats all. But as the DVDR media price has dropped considerably, its actually cheaper and simpler to convert all to DVDR now, regardless of its quality.

Not at all, thanks again.