Media help

can any one tell me which media to use to copy my dvd colection
ie verbatum etc?

Hi and Welcome!

Verbatim media has an excellent reputation here, so you can’t go wrong with these :iagree:

Michael

cheers how do maxell perform or data write?

[QUOTE=judge123;2452659]cheers how do maxell perform or data write?[/QUOTE]

Hi :slight_smile:
Both those you mention use various coatings.
So results will be mixed.
But never as good as Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden.

You can not go wrong with Taiyo Yuden media as long as you stay far, far, away from any
TY media that says [B]Value Line [/B]on it. You can go with something like [B]TY 8x +R YUDEN00T02[/B]
or maybe [B]TY 16x +R YUDEN00T03 [/B] or if you prefer -R media then how about some [B]8x -R TYG02[/B]
or [B]16x -R TYG03[/B]. You can always go with Verbatim which is most of the time a little bit cheaper
than the TY media and is still excellent media maybe something like [B]16x Verbatim +R MCC004 [/B]or
[B]Verbatim 16x -R MCC 03RG20 [/B]or you can go with 8x media like [B]Verbatim 8x +R MCC003 [/B]or you can
go with [B]Verbatim 8x -R MCC 02RG20 [/B]which is all excellent media. :iagree: I would stay away from brands
like Maxell, Memorex, Data Write, Ritek, and some of the store brands if you want you backups to last
and whatever you do[B] (PLEASE DO NOT USE ANY OF THOSE STICKY PAPER LABELS ON THEM)[/B] use
a DVD/CD marker pen or if you have a printer that can print CD/DVD’s then use inkjet printable DVD’s
as those stick on paper labels ruins DVD’s and you loose all you data on it. :eek: :sad:

what getit29 said is pretty much the bottom line ‘safe bet’ around here :wink:

get TY (Taiyo Yuden) if money aint a issue. or if you would rather get more ‘bang for the buck’ (while still keeping high quality) get Verbatim.