Media from Rima.com, +-RW?

Hi all,
I am going to buy some media from rima.com
To use it with NEC 3500.

First, I am going to buy 100PK TY DVD+R media, I think I can burn it @16x with original firmware NEC 3500, Is it true?

And I want to buy some RW media, but I don’t know what is good.
I want to get some RW media ( + or - ) 4x, which burn good with NEC 3500 and have a good price.

What is good?
Thank you
Doctor Aziz

1. Yes, you can burn TY 8x DVD+R media (YUDEN000T02) at 16x with the stock firmware.

2. DVD+RW is the superior rewriteable format, and should be prefered over DVD-RW (some people reported problems with DVD-RW media even).

3. Ricoh and Philips DVD+RW discs are reasonably priced, and burn very well, both are recommended. Verbatim (Mitsubishi) discs are more expensive, and the NEC ND-3500 doesn’t like them much with the stock firmware (this seems to have changed with the newer firmware).
    Most DVD+RW media sold today is from one of these three companies, so you can’t do much wrong.

Thank you packetloss,
Okey, from rima.com, which +RW is good?

Thank you
Doctor Aziz

Unfortunately, rima.com doesn’t seem to list the MID of the DVD+RW media, but that doesn’t even matter, since all 4x DVD+RW media they have is from Optodisc. So the answer to your question is: None. Buy your DVD+RW media elsewhere.

Thank you packetloss,
But they have Ritek DVD-RW 4x, is it good?
Thank you
Doctor Aziz

I’ve only used FujiFilm 4x DVD+RW (RICOHJPNW11) and it has worked without any problems. I was even surprised when it played on a GO-Video handheld DVD player. I buy them locally but I’m sure they are available on the net.