Media for the HL-DT-ST DVD+RW GCA-4040N?

Hi

Does anyone know which media can be used with the HL-DT-ST DVD+RW GCA-4040N?

I’ve tried to write 2 Arita DVDs (RICOHJPNR01) of data and got a number of read errors when verifying the first disk. On the second I got even more read errors, especially towards the end of the disk.

I am just wondering which media to try on this drive next? The drive supports up to 4x, if this is of any help.

I would be very grateful to hear from anyone who has managed to successfully write and verify DVDs of data to this drive. However, I would also like to hear general comments about which media is likely to work.

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to reply.

Paul

Hi!
My HL-DT-ST DVD+RW GCA-4040N came with a Medion notebook (Aldi) and the carton box said 2.4 speed, but it does support 4 speed, but it is not my recomended speed for succesfull burning.
Everything i’ve burned with 2.4 speed works fine for every single player.
I started out with the early Arita’s 2.4 (Ricoh), then the Nashua’s 2.4(Skymedia and Datatrack) Later Verbatim 4 speed (Taiyo Yuden ) and lately Medion 4 speed (Ricoh and Optodisk).

I’ve wasted only 2 disks on 50 burned and both times after burning at 4 speed(Taiyo Yuden and Ricoh)
Since i know that the Taiyo Yuden disk is very high quality it gives me reason to believe that its a bad idea to burn over 2.4 speed with this drive.

I hope a firmware update will fix it, but it has’nt been released yet.

it works burning DVD-R if you make a flash firmware

upgrade …go to … http://tdb.rpc1.org/#GWA4040N and

download and install 1.02 (ARIMA) Windows driver upgrade

…it will work for DVD-R with 4x …with Nero Burning

soft ver 7
…using Verbatim DVD-R worked without problems (:

Hi [B]some_teck[/B]!
The original poster posted this about three years ago so I believe he has lost interest in this topic. :slight_smile:

Hi some_teck, welcome to CDFreaks! :slight_smile:

I think you’re right. :iagree:

• Thread closed * *