Media for LG4167B

vbimport

Hi

I am thinking of buying an lg 4167b and would like to know what media codes seem to burn best?

You will never be wrong with MCC and TYG/YUDEN media. Most MIJ media should burn well.

I use Datawrite Titaniums (8x), these would NOT burn with D11 firmware, but a simple flash to D13 cured this problem, other media I have used has been Ritek(good) and an unbranded grade :doh: that was not too good, though my pioneer A09 loved them the LG was very picky with them, some it burned to others not.

Personally I’m am going to stick with the Datawrites, Ive had no coasters out of the 100 or so discs so far. :cool:

Which media code do the Datawrites have?
Ritek… I hope you used +R and not -R :smiley:

It might be just me, but I really really prefer bigger brands like TDK or Verbatim when it comes to important stuff.

Ritek was -R, at the time my home DVD player would only play these!!

Heres an ID for a Datawrite Titanium.

Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD-R:TTG02]

Disc & Book Type : [DVD-R] - [DVD-R]
Manufacturer Name : [TDK Corp.]
Manufacturer ID : [TTG02]
Blank Disc Capacity : [2,298,496 Sectors = 4.71 GB (4.38 GiB)]

[ DVD Identifier V4.2.0 - http://DVD.Identifier.CDfreaks.com ]

Thanks. Do the MCC004 Made in india burn well?

NO. These have a different formulation from normal MCCs and the write stratagy gets messed up.

I agree with kg_evilboy about TYs and Verbatims. As on most burners, they burn with excellent quality on a 4167B. However, avoid TYG01 (TY 4x DVD-R) on the 4167B as it has a problem with these discs.

That will do for important media. For budget media (the sort of stuff you use for discs you give away etc), consider any brand of CMC MAG E01 (CMC 8x DVD+R). The 4167B burns these with very good quality and they are usually really cheap. Here is a typical scan of a TDK 8x DVD+R burned on the 4167B with DL13 :

Were they G04 or G05? :rolleyes:
Have you tried bitsetting yet?

I’d only recommend Made in Singapore (MCC’s own factory) or Made in Taiwan (made by CMC/Prodisc under license) MCC/Verbatim discs… gotta love that edit button :bow:

They burn well on some burners with some firmware, but more often than not, folk have had problems with them for the reasons mentioned.

I personally get very good burns with them in my LG4163B (A106 firmware), but I’m in the minority.

As for the 4167B…MBIPG101 R04 (either Imation or TDK branded 8x +Rs, Made in India) tend to burn very well.

As mentioned though, you can’t really go wrong with TY/Verbatim (apart from the ones mentioned, and the “Pearl White” variety).

Hey! That’s my line, I should copyright it :bigsmile:

Best of luck getting any MIS single layer media. I’ve got about 40 of the MCC003 discs left, no chance of getting any more :frowning: