Media for 6× PX-716A DVD+R DL Burns?

vbimport

Now that the Plextor PX-716A firmware supports 6× DVD+R DL burns, I was just wondering what the consensus of opinion is on the quality of the burns at that speed and the blank media you’re using? Verbatim I assume, but both it and the Plextor site say it’s only rated for 2.4× - hence the question about burn quality.

I need to burn a fair number of DL discs and at 2.4× on my firmware hacked Sony that’s going to take forever so 6× looks really attractive, provided the discs are going to play reliably!

Burn quality is pretty good at 6x on Verbatim 2.4x media, but there is no guaranty that a certain player reads a certain disc…

Thanks, of course usual compatibility caveats apply. I’m just trying to gauge how much burn quality falls off as speed increases. 4× would be significantly faster than my Sony, if compatibility decreases markedly at 6× I’d stick to that.

Can someone compare the PIE/PIF max results from scans from Verbatim DL media burned at 2.4x, 4x and 6x?

I have Burn more than 4 Verbatim 2.4x at 6x. The PIE goes all under 20. :smiley:

Check please the tread, DVD Quality Scans :wink:

TA TEST goes from GOOD to EXCELLENT.

Important is to install Firm. 1.04. :wink:

Good Burns!

P.S. - The quality is the Best! No other Drive match it! :bigsmile:

My Asus clone of the Pioneer DVR-A09 shows similar results at 6x on Verbatim 2.4x media :stuck_out_tongue: