Media Error Message During Writing

I am new to this forum. I have been using AnyDVD in combination with 1ClickDVD, and had too many problems backing up Sony (and recently Universal) titles. I thought switching to DVDClone would solve my problems, but now I have a more serious problem.

The programs ripped through a new Universal release without any problems, but when I started to write, I got a “bad media error” message after 23% complete in the clone mode and after 18% in the Copy DVD Titles function. I used two different types of media; Maxell and Verbatim DVD-R respectively. I never had problems with either media using 1Click.

I read some chat on the web, and tried to upgrade my firmware. I have a MicroAdvantage 16x8 Dual DVD, Model No. 16DDVDRW-A13, and have in the past updated my firmware from the manufacturer website (www.microadvantage.net). I tried to do so today, and received a message that I did not have access to the site. I do not understand this, but I am left with the inability to upgrade nonetheless.

Am I on the right track, or is there something else that I need to do? If I do need to upgrade my firmware, does anybody have any links to a download? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

muddywaters

http://www.americal.com/pg/dvd-burner-compat.html

look under Generic but I think firmware 070 is the latest so you might be SOOL

BTW try burning very slowly and see if this fixes your problem.

Oh and DVDClone is NOT the same program as CloneDVD2 which is what you should really be trying.

Sorry, I am actually using CloneDVD2. I appear to be suffering from computer frustration-induced brain drain.

I checked out the firmware update available from your link (thank you for that), and the version is A060G. The firmware that I am currently running is A080. I am completely ignorant on the numbering, but my instinct tells me that I am already running a more recent version of the firmware. I am correct?

If it is not my firmware, then do you have any ideas as to the source of my problem. While I had problem with Sony and Universal encryption while running 1Click and AnyDVD, I never had any media problems. I am stumped. Thanks again.