Media compared not what I Expected

Up until recent I have only been using RICOHJPN, MCC(4X & 8X) and Maxell’s. I decided to try the Samsung from newegg with YUDEN media code. Testing the YUDEN’s I was getting PIE errors above 340, I’m not very happy with the result, because with the MCC, Maxell and RICOHJPN the PIE error’s have been less then “11” all thru the DVD’s.

I am using the Plex 712A(firmware 1.04) to burn and test results, I havn’t burnt anything with the 708A(firmware 1.07) using the YUDEN as of yet.

What speed are you burning the Yudens at? I have the Samsung Yudens from Accaproducts, and get excellent results with all my drives. I only overspeed them to 8x. Check the disks to see if there are dye defects. May want to post in the Plextor forums also.

I have the 4X TY and burnt them @ 8X

I finally had a chance to try with the 708A and the highest was “32” which is not as good as the MCC but much much better then before. I will be doing some more burns later tonight, hopefully the few I did with the 712A was just a few bad in the spindle.

I will be putting this in the Plex forum later, hope nobody consider it to be crossposting

Perhaps burn x4 media at x4 and see what you get - if it is not guaranteed x8 media don’t blame the media - simple.

@ icey

Not sure if you are getting the point, how about you read the title of the thread and 1st post. I Don’t see me placing Blame for a problem, just pointing out the difference, note the title “Media compared not what I Expected”

I wonder if this is an example of bad media in a spindle?

Here is a pic of my first TY burn from the spindle I am speaking off.

My recent burn with the 712A, this is disk #24 from top.
http://club.cdfreaks.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7276&stc=1

Much better burn, almost as good as the MCC, but with that same wierd spike.