Media Centre library & DVDFAB Platnium

vbimport

Hi
Just started using DVDFAB Platnium its great. However if I backup DVD to my HD, I cannot get Microsoft Media Centre library to recognise it.

Can anyone give me some hints. Please:bow:

You need a Codec for it.

[quote=timwilco;1996444]Hi
Just started using DVDFAB Platnium its great. However if I backup DVD to my HD, I cannot get Microsoft Media Centre library to recognise it.

Can anyone give me some hints. Please:bow:

I am having the same problem in media centre (vista) i have used DVDdecryter to back my dvd’s to my hard drive yet media centre wont recognise them.
Media centre can play dvd’s fine, but wont play the VOB files that have been backed up on harddrive (WMP player can though?!?)
If codec is the problem here too?? if so where do i find it how do i fix this?
Thanks for any help

Not “codec”, but support & drivers.

You need one that can make use of ISOs, because that is way better than a ifo/bup/vob structure…

Here’s what you can do to play on HD files with Windows Media Center with Vista.
First you neeed a virtual DVD drive like VirtualCloneDrive (freeware).
Once you’ve got that you need to build an .iso with the VIDEO_TS folder with a program like ImgBurn.Then mount that .iso in the virtual drive.IF you are not going to burn a backup with the VIDEO_TS you can delete it because you can always use the new .iso to create another one if you need it.
Then right click on VirtualCloneDrive in MyComputer or Explorer whichever you prefer to call it.Select Open Auto play(not Play).then from the Autoplay window select Play DVD movie using Windows Media center.The movie menu should start .Select the option you want from the menu.