Media Center blocking extenders with AnyDVD loaded

I have loaded and unloaded AnyDVD repeatedly on my Media Center computer and when AnyDVD is loaded extenders are blocked from connecting by Session Enforcement.

Could Microsoft be doing this intentionally?

[QUOTE=BruceHellmer;2568297]I have loaded and unloaded AnyDVD repeatedly on my Media Center computer and when AnyDVD is loaded extenders are blocked from connecting by Session Enforcement.

Could Microsoft be doing this intentionally?[/QUOTE]

First off what kinda media center computer are we talking about? You gave very little to go on what is happening? And did you try to start in safe mode? And what was the the exact error message? I don’t ever recall Anydvd having extenders? What is your exact version of Anydvd that your using? You have to clarify this a little more?

Hardware:

[ul]
[li]AMD Phenom II X6 3.2 GHz[/li][li]ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3 motherboard[/li][li]Four 4 MB DDR 1600 Mhz memory for 16 MB total[/li][li]RocketRAID 2320 controller[/li][li]Two 1 TB SATA drives in RAID 1 for 1 TB OS drive[/li][li]Six 2 TB SATA drives in RAID 5 for 10 TB data drive[/li][li]Hauppauge 2250 dual analog/clear-QAM tuner[/li][li]Ceton InfiniTV quad cable card tuner[/li][/ul]Software:

[ul]
[li]Microsoft Windows 7 Pro 64-bit[/li][li]Microsoft Security Essentials[/li][li]My Movies 3.18[/li][li]AnyDVD 6.7.6.0[/li][li]Hardware drivers and utilities[/li][li]Everything offered by Windows Update[/li][/ul]This is a dedicated Windows Media Center server and has no additional software.

This PC was first loaded a few months ago and worked fine until Thursday 6 January 2011 when the four Xbox 360 extenders were no longer able to connect. I suspect that a Windows Update triggered my problems.

I spent over four hours on the phone with Microsoft Support and they were completely worthless.

I wiped out my OS drive and reloaded the software. I tested extender functionality after each software load. The AnyDVD load resulted in the inability to connect extenders. I then uninstalled and reinstalled AnyDVD repeatedly testing extenders. When AnyDVD was loaded the extenders could not connect and produced a Session Enforcement error. When AnyDVD was uninstalled the extenders worked great.

I created this thread to notify others of this problem. I have move my AnyDVD license to another PC on my network. I am ok ripping my disks from this other PC. I will do some quick tests, but am not interested in disrupting my family by constantly taking down my server.

Here’s a quote from Slysoft side I found…

[QUOTE=James;296395]Nope. And I (and probably thousands of others) cannot reproduce this.[/QUOTE]

So it looks like you already got your answer from the Slysoft side…

This issue is absolutely repeatable on my Media Center PC. I have unloaded and reloaded AnyDVD repeatedly. The problem survived the deletion of my OS partition and a reload of the OS and all software.

I believe that I am just the first wave of those that will eventually suffer from this problem. I believe that in a few days for others will report being affected.

And for what do you need AnyDVD?
Maybe AnyDVDHD woiuld be logical, but not the normal version…

@ BruceHellmer , Thanks for the warning . I would not put anything past what MS would put in an update. Since they have decided to completely cooperate with the MPAA & RIAA. This is a good reason to install MS updates one at a time & test for a couple of days. Some can be removed.
I suspect MS sometimes slips something like this in a cumulative update which are harder not to use.
I try using a backup mine is Acronis TI before starting several updates that way I can put the system back like it was if a problem occurs & slowly install & test the updates till the problem occurs.
For chef some of us only do DVD & not BluRay so AnyDVD is all we need.

My extender problem occurs with AnyDVD [B][U][I]HD[/I][/U][/B]. I do not know if the basic AnyDVD is problematic.

So If this was that much of a problem it would’ve been reported on more??

[QUOTE=BruceHellmer;2568307]

[ul]
[li]My Movies 3.18[/li][/ul]
This is a dedicated Windows Media Center server and has no additional software.[/QUOTE]

So what does my movies suppose to do if you already using WMC as a media server already???

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2568674]So what does my movies suppose to do if you already using WMC as a media server already???[/QUOTE]

MyMovies transcodes ripped movies for playback on an extender. It also has an extensive movie database.

Media Center Setup installed PlayReady PC [B][I][U]X64[/U][/I][/B], the 64-bit version.

I manually installed PlayReady PC [B][I][U]X86[/U][/I][/B], 32-bit version. My extenders are now connecting with AnyDVD loaded.