Medal of Honor Breakthrough

Well I couldn’t back up the safedisk 2.9 title “Medal of Honor Breakthrough” with my 52x Liteon or my 24x Tdk so I thought I would try it with my Plextor Premium drive even though these are not supposed to be able to do safedisk 2.9. Well the copy works fine in 2 of my drives but will not run in any cd-rw drive. As long as I play it in a drive that is not a cd burner it runs fine. I used the newest version of Blindwrite. I guess this is sort of a success. I still can’t believe it did better than my Liteon with safedisk. Hmm… :slight_smile:

your lite on i would think be able to do it … …also when you play from burners you need to hide atip … if you use autoplay with blindwrite you should be able to play it in other drivers …or you can use another program to hide the atip …alcohol 120 which is ignore media type …something like that …

autoplay you can do in blindwrite configuration …check autoplay … and then burn it …

you can also download the autoplay exe in the thread up top of this forum and it will hide atip for you without having to use blindwriter on your other computers;)

if the error you were getting was
please insert correct disk in drive and restart

or something simular its because your not hiding your cdr type.

if your getting *.tmp exceptions its because the drive cant read your copy.

I know theat the reason it wouldn’t work is because it was checking the ATIP when inserted into a cd burner but what seemed weird is that the copies I tried to make with my Liteon and TDk would not work from any drive whatsoever. The ones made with the Premium would at least play in dvd and cd drives without an ATIP blocker utility. I have read posts in these forums that claim the Plextor Premium is unable to make backups of safedisk 2.9+ titles and I assumed they were correct but now it seems that the plextor is indeed capable of making copies of them. I wonder what I did differently? Safedisk 2.9+ really sucks though, this is the first Safedisk game that my old reliable TDK 24/10/B would not backup. It worked all the way up to safedisk 2.8 but that’s it. Man I might have to replace it with an Asus.:frowning:

just buy a new liteon they backup sd2.9 no problems and are cheap 523252 model 52327s is around 35$. keep your premium for securerom 4.8x :wink:

I found out what I did wrong with the liteon. I used the Liteon with Alcohol 120% and I used the plextor with Blindwrite. I just tried the LIteon with Blindwrite and it worked perfectly (better than the Plextor). So did my TDk! My old TDk rocks!

Originally posted by micro$oft
I found out what I did wrong with the liteon. I used the Liteon with Alcohol 120% and I used the plextor with Blindwrite. I just tried the LIteon with Blindwrite and it worked perfectly (better than the Plextor). So did my TDk! My old TDk rocks!

ya plex premiums have a problem with safedisk…or at least the three i tried do…they seem to backup correclty and may work in most drives but ive had problems with them in some sony drives…etc. i know there are persons saying that they backup safedisk 2.9 perfectly but i kinda doubt its as good of a backup as the new liteons.

though nothing beats the plex for securerom backups.

also older drives seem to backup safedisk better because its before they started adding all this copy protection crap into the firmware…at least thats what ive seen with a old phillips drive i have.

I am starting to think that blindwrite is a lot better than alcohol for copying any type of protection. At one time Alcohol was really great but I don’t think it is nearly as good as Blindwrite is now. Now that clone cd is finished and alcohol isn’t keeping up with Blindwrite I think it is safe to say that really Blindwrite is the best thing out there right now bar none.

just buy a new liteon they backup sd2.9 no problems and are cheap 523252 model 52327s is around 35$. keep your premium for securerom 4.8x "

Yeah I got the new litey at Best Buy after rebates for 20$. i tried the plex prem with MOHAA Breakthrough (S.d 2.9)
and could not get the copy to work either on the plex or the tosh reader of mine. However I did not check autoplay…the plex was tla#002 as well.

My 40x Lite-On did Devastation [SD2.9] fine, just not with BlindWrite.

Blindwrite didn’t work? What software did you use?

Originally posted by micro$oft
What software did you use?

I read with CloneCD, selecting to make a cue sheet and wrote with FireBurner 2.2

BW is very inconsistant in my setup, but Clone/Fireburner works.

For more details look about halfway down this thread

the latest blindwrite beta 102 backs up safedisk2.9 very well…even my plex premium backs up as well as my liteons now…still wont work on my laptops toshiba drive but i believe id need a 3 sheep burner to get that to work…and theres no 3 sheep burner…