Mechwarrior 4: Mercenaries

I’m having problems backing up Mechwarrior 4: Mercinaries. Clony detects it as Safedisk V1, the [yAtEs] scanner didn’t find anything, and Blindwrite’s LiveAssist didn’t have it in the database. The CD has read errors (as expected), and no weak sectors. I burned it with a TDK 321040B (equivalent to a Lite-On). However, the backed-up copy did not work in my Creative DVD-ROM or my burner.
Any suggestions, anyone? :confused:

Spelled it wrong. Should be “Mercenaries”

If it’s sd 1, you shouldn’t have any problems. Any raw read and write with any software capable of raw reading and writing should do.

Originally posted by Mewtwo
I’m having problems backing up Mechwarrior 4: Mercinaries. Clony detects it as Safedisk V1, the [yAtEs] scanner didn’t find anything, and Blindwrite’s LiveAssist didn’t have it in the database. The CD has read errors (as expected), and no weak sectors. I burned it with a TDK 321040B (equivalent to a Lite-On). However, the backed-up copy did not work in my Creative DVD-ROM or my burner.
Any suggestions, anyone? :confused:

which program did you use (blindsuite/clonecd?), and what was the reader?
Try using the burner to read and write, and then post back.

Maybe also try writing the cd at a slightly slower speed. Sometime older/cheaper media can only be written at lower speeds, without errors.

I took your suggestion of using the burner to read, and now my back-up works fine! I guess my DVD-ROM is :Z . The only thing I don’t understand is why all my other SD backups (such as Age of Mythology) worked using the Creative as the reader, but this one didn’t…Oh well, as long as it works :wink:
btw I used the latest version of Blindwrite.

Thanks a lot!